Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Haven't been on here in awhile...anyways..to my problem. I was driving down the highway and dropped it into 3rd to pass, let off, my power steering went, as if my car almost stalled, then I pop it into 4th and gave it some gas and it came alive again... :eek: please don't tell me this is the beginning of the end, haha. It's an 02 GT 5spd. (obviously).. lol..and it has 146,000kms on it. I don't bag it that often, I mean, It's a Mustang and who hasn't been hard on one? I've been hard on it sometimes...but not too hard. I'm sure this isn't the case but I figured I would throw that out there. My engine bay is filthy dirty, I thought maybe it could be a sensor or the fuel lines or something strange...it's pretty weird stuff. Please help me out here guys...I'm gettin' worried my baby is gonna leave me :(. If theres something going in the engine, I'm gonna start to build and KB the sucker eventually. But forging it was a MUST anyways no matter how crappy the engine got. Let me know what you guys think of this. Thanks a lot!!
:D

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Did you check your fluid level? Any noise from the p/s pump?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Umm, no not exactly. But I should get it all checked out soon for sure.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Well thatd be a start

·
Registered
129 Posts
well first of all do yourself a favour and wash your engine bay! My car has been sitting for 4 months in a barn and I could still eat off the engine!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha yeah I've never got the chance to get to it. Never did it before either, but the owner before me must of went through dirt roads non-stop. So all I do is just hose it down lightly?? Or is there any other way?? Like I said I never done that before so I'm just curious.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My fuel lines were pretty clogged up before, but that was fixed in the fall. I'm not experiencing this problem anymore though, it happened only twice since I had it for about 2 years now.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My fuel lines were pretty clogged up before, but that was fixed in the fall. I'm not experiencing this problem anymore though, it happened only twice since I had it for about 2 years now.
a really good way to start if the engine compartment has never been cleaned is to get some engine degreaser from a parts store and soak down just about everything, let it sit about 15 min and then go to town with a hose. once your done with that break out the rags and wipe it down by hand, don't forget to polish the chrome!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright man awesome! Thanks a lot!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts