Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So starting yesterday after I retightened my header bolts I noticed that when I push in the clutch my RPMs drop down to 500 and hold for a couple seconds before coming back up to normal idle. I was talking to one of my friends today that said it could be a vacuum leak. The only thing I messed w/ yesterday hose wise was taking the air box out so I could have more room getting to the driver side bolts. Checked that connection today and everything seems fine. Oh, and I did raise the engine to take off the motor mounts. Maybe I pulled something loose else where? (headers have been on for almost a month w/ no tune or any other problems)

·
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? No one has any ideas at all??

·
Semper Fi
4,181 Posts
do u have a stock intake? not to insult your intelligence, but did you check the vaccum hose on the intake....both ends of it?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
brake boost hose? bad gas?

·
Semper Fi
4,181 Posts
holy **** quick where the hell have you been.

check out the other thread i'm talking in....its called like something about cams or something...

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
holy **** man busy!

·
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do u have a stock intake? not to insult your intelligence, but did you check the vaccum hose on the intake....both ends of it?
Yeah its a stock intake and I did check it. That was my first thought when I remembered I had take the air box off

brake boost hose? bad gas?
I don't know a whole lot about engines, but that makes me think you're ****ing w/ me. And I'm pretty sure it isn't the gas.

It was actually driving normal tonight. I didn't notice any RPM issues. Really makes me wonder WTF is going on

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
no i wasnt ****ing with you man, the brake booster hose on the manifold is a BIG source for a vac leak.

you'd be surprised just how much trash you really pump through your car man!

·
Semper Fi
4,181 Posts
ya my brake boost hose popped of my jeep and it idles at like 3500rpm and the brakes baaaaarely worked........trust me, you would know without a doubt if it was the brake boost hose...

·
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, well my brakes are good so I guess its not that. The car's been running fine since Saturday. Don't know what the hell was wrong but it seems fine now. Thanks for you're suggestions guys. I'll keep this in mind if it starts doing it again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts