Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brakes dont stop it, being in any gear doesnt, idle dosent (still moving) but turning left makes it stop. Is this a wheel bearing, or does our cars use hubs? none of the wheel centers feel hot....just started today. if it stops when I turn left, which side is going bad? Reps for good answers...

·
Registered
904 Posts
gonna need more info. describe the noise. is it rotational, tapping, buzzing, yak?

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kinda like a low groan

·
Registered
904 Posts
first guess i would say its your right front wheel bearing.

Reactions: cedsks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Probably a wheel bearing.. good way to isolate this is to take the car for a drive... if the noise seems to get louder the faster you go.. probably a wheel bearing.. and to isolate what side it is.. get going fast enough for the noise to be at a decent volume then sway the car from left to right.. if when you sway right and it gets a little quieter, its probably your left wheel bearing and by swaying the car to the left and the noise gets quieter its probably your right wheel bearing... Hope this helps

·
Registered
641 Posts
Jack up the front of the car & shake each by placing your hands at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock. Any looseness will be a tell-tell that the Hubs are bad.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Probably a wheel bearing.. good way to isolate this is to take the car for a drive... if the noise seems to get louder the faster you go.. probably a wheel bearing.. and to isolate what side it is.. get going fast enough for the noise to be at a decent volume then sway the car from left to right.. if when you sway right and it gets a little quieter, its probably your left wheel bearing and by swaying the car to the left and the noise gets quieter its probably your right wheel bearing... Hope this helps
No, that's not really a good way, crappy tires will make noise similar to bad bearings.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thank you lol... Seems to work for me too

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sounds like wheels bearings. My car did it on the drivers side like 6 months ago. Now its starting on the passenger. You have to replace the whole hub. It is a really easy job to do.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so I am a little confused, if I turn Left to make it go away.

That means Driver or passenger is bad....

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
left turn and goes away is driver side and vise versa. what you are doing is taking weight off that side of the car, weight is stress that makes the bad bearing groan or hum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts