Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so ive got an 05 gt with a couple bolt-ons and tune, and here recently when im driving at highway speeds and completely let my foot off the gas, and coast, my car will stutter or hesitate. Ive already cleaned my throttle body and the problem continues. My friend tells me that its probably my tune not liking the cold weather. What do you guys think?

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Its possibily the tune, no check engine lights or anything pop up while this is happening? Sometimes just reflashing the tune you currently have fixes things

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, no CEL's. And ive reloaded the tune once and it fixed the problem for about a day and then returned

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thinking about replacing the TPS, spark plugs, and fuel filter. If that doesnt fix it, i think its got to be the tune

·
Registered
402 Posts
Definitely try the fuel filter. Theyre supposed to be good for 30k. im sure someone out there has made one last way longer, but at 70k its a good start. Pretty easy DIY fix as long as you don't mind a little fuel spillage

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
I would say fuel filter as well. Ford recommends every 15k to change them but 30k should be the limit. It's easy but a bit cramped on the s197's. right under the driver door.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha alright sounds like ive got a little work then. Im going to do it tmmrw and let you know the results. Thanks guys

·
Registered
26 Posts
I thinking about replacing the TPS, spark plugs, and fuel filter. If that doesnt fix it, i think its got to be the tune
I think those should fix the problems your having. My car is a 05 GT 5 speed with no mods and I was having a similar issue taking off in my car about a month ago. I had the air filter, fuel filter, and spark plugs replaced and my issues went away. Replaced my TPS a few years ago when my car would cut off between changing gears.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts