Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these 3v's amaze me and scare me at times.... so here's why i say this.
I'm driving home last night, the wife and I met up with a few friends, kinda buzzed (not drunk).. im going 50mph in 4th, mat it 90%... pinging... WTF!!!!
i couldnt believe my ears.. I even run 89 in this car because i've heard s197's dont have high octane tables.. now my car is a 2008 with 2110 miles on it, just had its first oil changed 1k ago with mobil1....

thhhhhhenn, i'd say 30 miles later, got to turn into Sheetz, have it in second...miss miss miss ... sounded and felt like 1 cylinder had took vacation.
So, listen... yea it was definently missing even my wife agree'd..
Turned it off, took the key out. put it back in started it, runs out like a raped ape (no misfire, i'm a redneck. and i talk with my hands)... these cars are super smart i guess.. no CEL, no changed in engine output. Put a set of Jeg's axle back's on right before i left to go to the saloon, sound quiet they're coming off but aint that weird? anyone share this expirience?

later yall
chris

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
i must be lucky cuz i have ran 93 scince the start..even before the tune

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
must be our names that make us lucky!! lol

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
I've ran 93 on mine with no issues... it sucks when the gas station is out of regular... I hate paying more for gas...

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
ya 1.15 per liter for 93 here.....

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
ya welcome to Alberta...we pump it out of the ground for u all...and we pay the most for it!!!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Gulf of Mexico has more oil than Alberta:D

I am currently working on one of the largest fields in the Gulf, I am on rig now and we are flowing 25,000 bbls a day and 15,000,000 cubic feet of natural gas. All surface well testing maxxed out and well is flowing at 41% capacity

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
thats what I do..I run a well testing company...Im a well tester myself...een doing it for 12 years now.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
lol ive done tons of fracs with schlumberger!

·
Registered
600 Posts
yeahhh, im just a plumber...lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
GAS

You can run anything you want if you don't have a tune. It will run better on 91 or 93 octane. I ran 93 octane at least a year and a half before I got my tune, zero problems. Priemium will keep your intake valves cleaner. If you are having these symptoms, take it to the dealer pronto.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wait a minute, hold the phone! You guys mean I could have been running 93 the whole time! I have a completely stock 07 GT and you mean to tell me it runs better on 93? I must be dumber than ****! I'm fillin it with 93 for now on! Thanks guys.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
It doesn't run better on 93 since its tuned for 87... I've been running 87 on mine... except for one time when the gas station only had premium, not a difference @ all from 87... I [ersonally wouldn't run 93 unless I got a tune... it's wasted money if if you ask me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Gotcha, thanks. 87 it is until I get my tune

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
yeahhh, im just a plumber...lol
yeahh im just a meat cutter at a grocery store while im in school....damn people making good money hahahah JK

1 - 20 of 29 Posts