Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to switch to SLP for awhile and was wondering if welding in some lm's would be the same as the actual cat back sound/performance wise.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
your stock piping is only 2 1/4 compared to most catbacks being 2 1/2 so flow and performance wise no, and the piping is usally not nearly as good as the catbacks, sound wise it wont be the same but it wont be radically different, i advise agianst loudmouths as there not mufflers i like but if you do all the power to ya

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually don't have the stock cat back; it's the Bassani. I justed wanted something a little louder.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
if bassani doesnt have center inlet and a centered outlet the loud mouths wont line up, but it will be the same as buying a slp catback if you weld in slp's were your current mufflers are, you wont have that modular setup like slp has to swap mufflers in and out in minutes but either way you can do it with ease

·
Registered
139 Posts
i'm a huge SLP fan, but i don't want the loudmouths (a little too much). their powerflow mufflers are PERFECT!

planning to add MAC ceramic l/t hearders and h-pipe w/ pypes highflow cats...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does your midpipe have cats? because i have lt headers with an o/r H and bassani bx catback and its pretty loud
I have the matching Bassani catted x-pipe.

·
Registered
638 Posts
So you just have a different catback brand?

I dont see a problem with the welding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts