Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Best Buy Autotech
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well found out why my 4.6 was missing......Can you say detonation? Will be going with the MMR piston kit and Hitech blower cams while the motor is out :)

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Mine looked identical after I ran out of fuel spraying a 150 with the low fuel light on...mine was the #7 piston though and it made a terrible pop when it happened

·
Best Buy Autotech
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I shouldn't of had a fuel issue with a tuned 100 shot lol...I was looking for a reason to go forged anyways....glad it happened now instead of when It gets boosted

·
Registered
656 Posts
Lol that's how I am.. when I break something its a good excuse to upgrade.. good luck getting her back on the road bro

·
Best Buy Autotech
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol that's how I am.. when I break something its a good excuse to upgrade.. good luck getting her back on the road bro
thanks man... plans were to do a completely forged bottom end with crank but I think Im just going with rods and pistons, stock crank, and put some money towards cams and a port job for the heads.... even with the blower if I get to the point where that set up isn't enough Id rather build a complete separate block to swap in like a Teksid or something... My motor was surprisingly really clean... It only has 82xxx miles... So I think that set up will do what I need it to

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Stock crank will hold a lot of power. It'll save you some money to skip it. It's the pistons and rods you really need.

·
Best Buy Autotech
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stock crank will hold a lot of power. It'll save you some money to skip it. It's the pistons and rods you really need.
Sweet that's what I like to hear... anyone know of a good gasket set? I keep seeing everyone offer the felpro kits for like 275-300... Anyone ever use felpro?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Were y'all not running a fuel pressure safety switch?
Because it cost to much compared to an engine! Sorry OP I suck at humor online.

Be sure to correct the tune issue before you crank on whatever engine you go with. Even a forged piston engine can be damaged with detonation. I have had very good luck with a MMR engine but have heard bad things about MMR also. So far so good with lots of boost (20+ psi) on mine with a conservative tune and knock detection (J&S safeguard).

·
Best Buy Autotech
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Because it cost to much compared to an engine! Sorry OP I suck at humor online.

Be sure to correct the tune issue before you crank on whatever engine you go with. Even a forged piston engine can be damaged with detonation. I have had very good luck with a MMR engine but have heard bad things about MMR also. So far so good with lots of boost (20+ psi) on mine with a conservative tune and knock detection (J&S safeguard).
yes Im getting a wideband, and then Im getting an actual tune instead of a mail tune...

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
damn well when I was looking into the turbo idea I was told id be restricted to 450 if it was a DD do to the crank.. hmmm that could change my rotating assmbly idea if thats correct!

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Stock crank will hold 450hp just fine. But if you can spare the extra few hundred bucks, Id get a forged one anyway.... might as well since your in there, never know when your gunna want more power :3gears

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Stock crank will hold 450hp just fine. But if you can spare the extra few hundred bucks, Id get a forged one anyway.... might as well since your in there, never know when your gunna want more power :3gears
^ This. It's not hugely expensive for a forged crank. Might as well do it if your block is all torn apart anyway. But, yeah, not needed unless you're pushing big power.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Mail-order tune?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts