Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trans locked up yesturday. Roomate and I were going to meet up with MustangManic and his roomates to get some bdubs and it just quite. Had to walk home in the rain...it was awesome!!! :mad:

But anyway...picked up a fidanza 2.1 and steeda kit for 250 bux last week and now I'm trying to decide on a trans. I've come across a tko 500. Don't say do a t56, I hate the way they feel. I'm looking into a promotion built 3650 with just the 10 spline input shaft, I dont have the extra 400$ right now nor do I make the power to need a 26 spline. Plus the clutch is already a 10 spline.

Now I know that you can get the D&D complete rebuild kit for 650 but I would rather have the carbon center synro's and the peace of mind that the promotion is gonna hold up to what I need it for. Is this logical thinking?

O and kids. Dont powershift. Just don't.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i love my promotion built trans, it has taken the abuse if put thru it without any issues. why not powershift? i do it on the bottle :D

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i love my promotion built trans, it has taken the abuse if put thru it without any issues. why not powershift? i do it on the bottle :D
And it takes it? That's my kinda trans then!!!!! :D

How many pass's you think you had on it before she took a dump? I prolly had 100 on my stocker till it blew up. But it went downhile really really fast so.

I think I'm gonna call promotion tommorow and get the ball rolling

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i went thru 5 stock transmissions. i have had the built one for 2yrs now without any regret. i had them set me up with the trans, correct clutch kit, new quadrant/adjust set up as well. i called them for a new set up for my car not too long ago, just have to get my car dyno'd to see where i will be at and what i will need.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet. I've got the steeda quadrant kit and the fidanza 2.1 ready to go in with it. I think i'm gonna do the promotion 3650. From what I've been reading no one has really had many complaints about either that or the t45. I'll definatly give them a call tommorow and hopefully they can help me out.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welp....Talked to walt.

I ordered the PMP built 3650 with just a 10 spline input shaft. I didn't have the extra $ for the 26 spline. I dont really plan on adding much power right now so the 10 spline should hold up fine. That guy is rediculously smart when it comes down to set-up's. Thanks for all the help guys...i'll make sure to get pic's off the swap and stuff for everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts