Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I managed to mess up my front bumper. It has a ding in it that bent the plastic a little bit. At this point its not the end of the world, but being the person I am this tiny imperfection is going to annoy the heck out of me.

I haven't gone to ford to check and see what a new bumper would be installed and painted, because I'd really like to get an after market front fascia. I really like the style of my mustang so far (came with window louvers and a gt500? spoiler) and I really don't want to change the look too much from stock.

Question really is:

Stage 3 motorsports? Good/bad etc? They seem high priced, but I don't know any good sites to trust and AM only seems to have kits. I'm not paying 2k+ for a kit just to swap bumpers.

I only want to change my front fascia and I don't want it to be too huge or drastic of a change, but I need some good reputable sites to that sell front fascias.

Any recommendations?

ps. I'll toss up photos of the damage and my car when I'm off work. :eek: I'm sooo sad right now, my poor stang!

pss. Any recommendations to buff out a few scrapes on the bumper itself? I'll post a pic later that kinda shows what I'm talking about.

thanks!

·
MM's Resident Ginger
2,991 Posts
Stage 3 is a good reputable company....they are based out of phoenix and alot of people that i know get their stuff from there. Check around on Ebay, i got my spoiler from a store on there painted and shipped for 120$. Prepainted is best if you can find what you want.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I've heard a lot of good things about Stage 3.
AM should have jsut front bumpers as well. Check the mod stickies in this forum: there are is a page with nothing but vendor links. There is enough there to give anyone a tough choice with multiple decisions.

Those dings are annoying, aren't they? Some asshat opened a contractor van on my driver's side door the day after I bought my Mustang, two inch scrape through the paint and into the metal. I was furious, but decided to leave it. It's done a lot a for me in terms of priorities, plus where I live I don't want a shiny new car -- too many stolen cars. So I hear you on the pain of scrapes, them's a bitch, huh?

The bumper shouldn't be too hard to fix: it's only plastic, but matchining paint for a long term fix might be a pain. If you want an OEM bumper int he short term: try NewTakeOff.com.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts