Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and i knew little bugs will come out there starting to ha i was runnin my car today after replaceing a few things that went and after about 10 mins my antifreeze comes out of my cap what would cause this air in the system? i replaced the thermostat about 9 months ago also my clutch wont disengae i have a spec statge 3 clutch i bought an oem replacment cable and it wont let me put my car in gear

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
and i knew little bugs will come out there starting to ha i was runnin my car today after replaceing a few things that went and after about 10 mins my antifreeze comes out of my cap what would cause this air in the system? i replaced the thermostat about 9 months ago also my clutch wont disengae i have a spec statge 3 clutch i bought an oem replacment cable and it wont let me put my car in gear
why did you buy that clutch worst move ever,and it probably stretched the cable

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i didnt buy it thats the thing it was my stepdads extra clutch and mine was shot and i didnt have the money to buy one so he gave it to me lol

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
i didnt buy it thats the thing it was my stepdads extra clutch and mine was shot and i didnt have the money to buy one so he gave it to me lol
thats fine i see where you are coming from,just dont dump the clutch or leave extremely hard they put way too much stress on a stock t-5 just drive it normal and dont berough with it and you will be fine.
PULL THE CLUTCH PEDDLE TOWARDS THE DRIVERS SEAT AND SEE IF IT WILL ADJUST LIKE IT SUPPOSE TO,

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did and it didnt do anything lol im gonna buy a firewall adjuster and see if that helps well i guess i need a diff clutch then since it wont work for what i wanna use my car for ha what clutch would you recommend?

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
did and it didnt do anything lol im gonna buy a firewall adjuster and see if that helps well i guess i need a diff clutch then since it wont work for what i wanna use my car for ha what clutch would you recommend?
ford hd or king cobra they dont put alot of stress on our t-5's but they grab real nice

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Antifreeze comes out of the cap? You mean out of the overflow? If so, too much pressure in the cooling system could be a sign of a blown head gasket.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea i know the caps are pressurized to a certin point are are set to open when it hits that pressure and yea it comes out of the cap when i pulled the motor it was fine didnt do anything like that could air in the system cause that? i hope to god its not a headgasket i dotn have the money right now the get another part ha or the time to fix it

·
Registered
158 Posts
Quick question about brake lines

Does anyone know where to get the brake lines that go from the master cylinder to the proportioning vave?? I dident use the right wrench when i disconected them so now there no good

·
Registered
253 Posts
why did you buy that clutch worst move ever,and it probably stretched the cable

i bet it did. i got a heavier clutch (not as tough as a spec3, though) and had the same problem for about a month when it finally stopped stretching. i had an adjustable, so it was just a pain in the ass to readjust every other time i wanted to drive it.

as for the other problem, the antifreeze eruption, check that youre not boiling that stuff. i was a jerk and thought my radiator and a small electric fan were going to keep the 5.8 cool. wrong. i boiled that stuff and the cap was spewing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so ill just have to keep adjusting it till it stops stretching? how far did yours stretch? once i have some extra cash im goin to buy a clutch lol

and im gonna redo my entire coolin system i have idk what size rad but its huge its about 2 inch thick and i have a electric fan idk if it got clogged or soemthign but im gonna fluch it and pray i can fix it if it is boiling what will i need a new rad or fan?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts