Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Remember the custom spoiler I was going on and on about back in March? Well meet the start of the prototype being made :D

Well here's some teaser pics...modeling clay will be added soon :yes

Huge, HUGE thanks to Travis_afx for whipping up a prototype. Stay tuned guys.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
gonna be sweet. i need to do something like this myself. how much $ is involved in such a project? i know the foam isn't bad and all that but what about the fiberglass?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gonna be sweet. i need to do something like this myself. how much $ is involved in such a project? i know the foam isn't bad and all that but what about the fiberglass?
I'll ask Travis...

By the beard of Zeus, you have a funny looking license plate.
Had to block out the license plate somehow ;)

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
i laugh when i see blocked plates...if anyone wants to see mine ill be driving between Portland and Gallatin Tn everyday this week...:D

when you get these made pm me...im on this list from way back when..

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys!

(Will do 6'er)

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
i laugh when i see blocked plates...if anyone wants to see mine ill be driving between Portland and Gallatin Tn everyday this week...:D
It's simply to protect one's information. Say I want to know information about you and you've posted your plate number. Now I can EASILY find out where you live, full name, and a whole list of other personal information. Why publicly display your information when there's no need?

Lefy, it looks awesome. Definitely should be pretty sweet when you're finished. Keep posting pictures.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
So is this simply going to be similiar to the 03/04 cobra spoiler... just cheaper? haha.

Looks good... Might be intrested in one so I can get more of a sleek look goin with the car.

/subscribe

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So is this simply going to be similiar to the 03/04 cobra spoiler... just cheaper? haha.

Looks good... Might be intrested in one so I can get more of a sleek look goin with the car.

/subscribe
It's a different design than the 03/04's...It'll be more of a "ducktail" shape.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Damn son! I was about to start one of these in the next week or so. Looks almost identical to what I was going to build. I have already drawn out what I am looking for. If this works out, I would be VERY interested in contributing to the build of this.

I have one other option that I am looking at though. And it is super top secret. :) I am trying to find out if it will work though.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^Well you're gay

:shiftyeyes

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Only on Man Love Thursdays. But then it is ok. :D

Seriously though, I am very interested in what you come up with. Let me know.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Looks good man.. Similar to the MRT b-wing but more sleek exactly what it should look like.. ill be down for one forsure. Will they use the factory 3rd brakelight? Pm me some details i want to get on the list for one of these..

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sooo, when this gets made I get a good discount on your 03 wing right? ;)
Probably, (if I decide to sell it) :lol

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks good man.. Similar to the MRT b-wing but more sleek exactly what it should look like.. ill be down for one forsure. What are you guys thinking about asking for them? Will they use the factory 3rd brakelight? Pm me some details i want to get on the list for one of these..
Actually what you see right now isn't really "the current shape" of the spoiler. That's just a really, REALLY rough skeleton. Once the modeling clay goes on, that's when you'll really see the shape coming out. It'll be very similar to this below...

1 - 20 of 212 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.