Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just recently changed my flywheel clutch and slave cylinder with a Ford unit. My problem Is that now I noticed my car is really hard yo put into gear. And actually rolls forward in gear with the clutch pressed all the way in. There was a metal spacer that came with the slave cylinder but if I used the spacer my screws would not be long enough to screw in at all. So I left the spacer out. Now I'm thinking I should have left the spacer I. And found longer screws. What gives?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yea I figured that the spacer was for use with maybe a different vehicle which also led me to just leave it out.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Sounds like the TOB is not working right. Could be air in the line. Try bleeding it again.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I'm going to do 1st. Before I pull the transmission to put that spacer in. Any other way to bleed the lines other than the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder and just pumping the clutch. The 05 does have a bleeder valve. That's what I bled it with the 1st time.

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
I never bled my tob when I replaced it, does it feel different, because with mine, the different feeling went away within 100 miles. I never had the creeping foreward problem, though

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I think I came up with the answer. I've been done messing with it for awhile. Up on stands again. Anyway. The tob over extended and broke the seal. I'm guessing that it actually needed the spacer and because I didn't use it that it over extended when I double clutched it in order to get it into gear.. that's the best I've came up with. Oh yea. Does Ford have warranty on their parts?

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
They'll just dodge the warranty. Classic everyone thing to do.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright guys. I'm stumped. I got nothing. Car is put back together with a new slave. But now wont go into gear with the car on. Clutch isn't completely disengaging. I have no idea what the he'll is wrong with it. If I put the car in gear with the car off and push the clutch then try pushing the car I get nothing. If I start the car in gear. As soon as I let go of the clutch it starts rolling forward. I'm lost.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Relax, just slowly pump the pedal in and out for about 10-15 minutes. These bastards pretty much self bleed over time. I've had my trans out many a time and it's always the same. Try jacking up the driver's side of the car about 10'' higher when you slowly pump the pedal. That will help the air exit the side of the slave where the line is located little better.

If that doesn't work then you might have a problem. Make sure the line didn't pop off the fitting down below. Do you have any pedal at all?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts