Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...well, last time was my first time out on M/T et streets. tonight was my second, i just used it as a practice time for finding my sweet spot on these tires

last week my lowest 60ft was a 2.3 on these tires, tonight i got it down to a 1.91 and they were still spinning, SO that just means more room for improvment :) i did however bend one of JEGSTER control arms :(

it was this run actually! i let off bout mid way down the track cuz i didnt know what broke and honestly i got scared, luckily it was just a control arm that got bent.

1.91 60ft
[ame=http://s426.photobucket.com/albums/pp350/davidseanbullitt/?action=view&current=007-6.flv]
[/ame]

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol actually, something like that........but its cool, it was a test and tune so i took some peoples advice and took my time to dial it all in.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
cool man. i wonder if those tires give quite shock to the car...what i mean is you bent and arm and only cut a 1.9...that is weird..but then again i don't know what "jegster" control arms are either

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
look em up lol......and i was told by a experienced racer that the reason it was giving me hell and still spining on the launches was because i wasnt preloading the suspension......using all three pedals at once basicly. the guy on the right one of my buddys, he is preloading notice the brake light on and i wasnt so see the difference it makes, and yes hes a 5-speed as well,

[ame=http://s426.photobucket.com/albums/pp350/davidseanbullitt/?action=view&current=005-9.flv]
[/ame]

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
you don't need to do that, i never had to preload my suspension to cut 1.40's all day. What is your tire pressure, what is your pinion angle, if you are not transfering the weight then of course its going to spin.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
oh and don't buy cheap control arms, seen many cars smash into the walls from broken control arms. Buy big name brands

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
16psi in the tires, 4/10 motive gearing on 28-spline axles, lowerd 2in all the way around, with stock gt struts up front and heavy ass 17x8 w/ 275/45/r17 tires on the front

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
i wouldn't trust those. to me there is only about 4 different brand of control arms that would ever go onto my car cause i know the damage that can be done if one fails, so i stick to the bigger brand ones that actually have their stuff on race cars.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
iight, ill try to get some of those and the subframe connectors that came stock on the car up later.....i gotta pull the car around into the garage and get it up in the air

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so how do i stop the tire spin then??? because im getting the tires nice and hot and leaving at 5k.....its STILL spinning on M/T ET STREET slicks

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
so how do i stop the tire spin then??? because im getting the tires nice and hot and leaving at 5k.....its STILL spinning on M/T ET STREET slicks
Are these the bias ply or drag radials?

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
if these are slicks i think you have a little too much air pressure in them. Even on drag radials i ran the pressure at 10-12 depending on the outside temp cause after a burnout pressure goes up 1-2psi.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
then you need to change your post from MT et street slicks, to et street radials, or just say MT drag radials. But yeah bring the pressure down, after your burnout your probably up to 18-19 psi which is way too high. I would say try 12 psi first and maybe go lower by 1 psi after a run or 2

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
If you're still spinning after new control arms and lowering tire pressure, you're going to have to launch at a lower RPM.

Tire spin = launch lower
Engine bog = launch higher

Is 5000 rpm appropriate for just a drag radial? People launch at 5k on a regular slick...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts