Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're doing it again today for any of you guys close to them. Got to watch some pretty cool cars on the Dyno and doing some pretty spectacular burnouts. And of course, we got to meet a few nice folks as well. Rhonda, Tim and the guys at MPH are a class act. Of all the people Rhonda meets and deals with every day, she remembered my wife and I and even remembered my name from our brief meeting 2 weeks ago. I had MPH install new 3.73 gears a couple of weeks ago and run the Stang on the Dyno to get some baseline #'s. I'd ordered a Brenspeed tune, so I wanted to get back up and put it on the Dyno again to see what I'd get out of the tune. I didn't pick up much with the Brenspeed tune, just about 5 hp and 13 ft/lbs torque, which is little disappointing. I'm marginally satisfied with the torque improvement, but I was hoping to get close to the 300 rwhp mark with the tune. Ended up with 283hp/306tq. Tim loaded one of his tunes for me and didn't pick up much over Brenspeed, said it wasn't worth the money for the couple more hp he could squeeze out of it. He said that was just all it was going to make with a tune, so now its time for more bolt ons. I think I'm going to go with the American Racing header/catted x-pipe and mufflers MPH sells. Tim said I should pick up somewhere around 30 hp with that. Might do an aluminum driveshaft too, that should pick up another 7-10 hp. I started out wanting to get around the 300 rwhp mark, so assuming the headers put me over it, I may not do the driveshaft. Who am I trying to kid, of course I'll do the DS:). Once I'm done with adding power for a while, it'll be time to concentrate on getting it to the ground more efficiently! I already know which wheels I'll be putting on it, and pretty sure of the tires, so next will be lower control arms (which brand?), and possibly the upper as well. Man, this new addiction is going to get expensive!!

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
MPH is always a class act bro...

Thats where I get alot of my $hit from...

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
you could try changing out that k&n for a better cai and you should see some more gains.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Psycho Bob, yeah, I thought about that, but I hate to get rid of the K&N after I spent a couple hundred dollars on it, and since I'd pretty much already planned on doing the exhaust anyway, I should pick up the power there.

Did this get moved from the 2005+ forum? I would have sworn I posted it there. No problem with that, just want to be sure I'm not losing my mind:)

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Yeah it was in 2005+ section...I moved it to the Shop Review Section...

·
KCCO
14,878 Posts
Psycho Bob, yeah, I thought about that, but I hate to get rid of the K&N after I spent a couple hundred dollars on it, and since I'd pretty much already planned on doing the exhaust anyway, I should pick up the power there.

Did this get moved from the 2005+ forum? I would have sworn I posted it there. No problem with that, just want to be sure I'm not losing my mind:)

this place will do that to you anyway if you stay here long enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts