Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored today and called a place called ACS Racing in Hanover MA to get some dyno pulls. One because I was bored, 2 because I wanted to make sure my AFR was accurate still, and 3 to see if I made any more power with the exhaust switch up and stuff. ACS racing, I met Al and Scott both really cool guys. I didnt want to drive 90 miles to my tuner for a couple pulls, Im not sure how they are tuning wise, but I wouldnt let them change anything.

Anyways, the first couple pulls the car made like 365rwhp (I forget torque) which seemed odd because thats 20rwhp down.

He did another pull, I sat inside and saw the boost gauge, it would hit like 8psi, then go down to 6psi. Then the one time I had him wrap it up to 6500 (before was 6300) it went from 8psi, to 6psi back to 8psi. So Im assuming its getting belt slip right? Shitty Duralast V Belt.

So I said, I wish I had a filter to throw on the blower maybe to compinsate for the boost loss because the stock Vortech intake sucks. He said here see if this will fit, just a little filter ran right off the Vortech headunit.

Boost stayed at 8psi, maybe like 8.5psi. But the car made 394rwhp & 405rwtq corrected :eek: That was awesome. Espeically where Im down about 2psi.

Uncorrected it made like 411rwhp and 423rwtq lol, pretty sweet.

Ill post the dyno when he emails it to me. But the next thing Im doing is a small air filter and ditching the gay Vortech intake. Turbos run a straight air filter off the turbo, so **** it might as well.

Anyone have any idea as far as the belt slip? Its gotta be right? Going from 8 to 6 to 8-8.5?

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
haha dude that so sick wish i was blow through so i could do that

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
very nice man! I am running filter to straight turbo as well. I was going to make a intake to it but it can lose power from what I have heard.

Glad to see the new power levels!

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you and thank you. Yeah running a filter right off the blower would be fine, people do it with turbos and if anything, its better for the supercharger because the filter is closer to the front of the car, I would think. So ef it, Im definatley doing that.

Buying that, and getting a better belt and getting a re-tune. Must make 400rwhp corrected. Shows how chokey the vortech intakes are.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
they do no doubt. I made 36x at my tuners and 376rwhp and the shop I used to work at.

depends on the months you dynoed it too.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Dynos are a measurement tool. Not a specific RWHP tool. You use them by going from stock adding long tubes then going back to the same dyno with similar conditions and comparing changes. They are not for going to and saying o i have 500rwhp, cool.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
dynoes are a tuning tool yes. Numbers are fun but not needed. I wont know mine for awhile after my tuner tunes mine sicne he street tunes.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice. Any pics of this filter? Mine goes down in the fender wall.
Something like this would work

K&N (RC5040)

Even one of the Apex ones at autozone.

just remember all dyno's read different.
Really? I didnt know that wow! Derrrr

Dynos are a measurement tool. Not a specific RWHP tool. You use them by going from stock adding long tubes then going back to the same dyno with similar conditions and comparing changes. They are not for going to and saying o i have 500rwhp, cool.
And yes agreed. Im honestly more interested in trap speed at the track. But it shows how bad that vortech intake is. I was making 365rwhp @ 8psi. Which is probally online at 385rwhp. Because I made 345rwhp @ 6psi, so I would say the 8psi @ 365rwhp was pretty acurate to my tuners dyno. Took off the intake, used a filter instead and made maybe 1/2lb of boost, but made 394rwhp. Like I said thats SAE Corrected.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
take the filter off all together on the dyno and see what she does

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ I wanted too, but I didnt want to cheat lol. I cant seem to find the one at autozone I wanted to pick up, but Spectre makes it. Heres 2 that I found that would probally work:

Thats part # S71884939

and

Part # S71886850

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i'd get the biggest one you can fit for more air.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah Im definatley going to look around. Just trying to figure out why I was getting belt slip. It had to be right? 8psi to 6psi, then on the 6500rpm went from 8 to 6 back to 8. Its a duralast v belt.

Ill look for a different belt, I need one thats 107.5" long. But I dont think anyone makes a good belt that length.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also it was loosing power after 5900rpm. Before it was climbing to 6500psi. So must be belt slip right?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
look into gates or gator?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
got a print out?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hes going to email the dyno graphs. His printer was out of ink I guess.

As far as belts, all I can see is Gates 107.38 and 108" The 107.38 is REALLY tight. I can get it to fit, but Im not sure how I feel about it. Because tight belts can wear out the bearings in the pulleys. Maybe Ill just try that? Unless I can find a 107.5" belt and a good brand. These duralast ones suck! lol

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 90 Posts