Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so i just installed headers and all new tires and rims with a Nitto 555R Drag in the back on Steeda lightweight rims and i went back to the drag strip.

The first time around i had an untuned airaid cai and flowmaster mufflers.. practically no performance and i was riding on 20 inch Zenettis (heaviest things ever) and i ran a disappointing 13.964.

Since then, ive gotten an SCt X-cal 2 from Brenspeed, Kooks headers with off-road X, Underdrive pullies, and a Hurst Short Throw and all i edged off was .3! I got my time to a 13.682 and a 13.636.

With drags? i was disappointed to say the least... i still couldn't get the best grip, it was super cold and the track was slick but come on im lookin atleast low 13's or atleast i wish. What should i expect for what i got on her?

I was thinking some Steeda Billet Lower Trailing arms from Brenspeed along with 3.73's will be my next best bet in shaving some time off. And some juice sometime in the near future. I just wanna be posting the times that my car looks and sounds as though it could post.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE I RACED 3 GOATS AND BEAT EM EVERY TIME! a 6.0 and two 5.7's.... i actually ran one down that i lost to off the line and beat him by .2... not bad

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was expecting close to 12's, it sucked. Even burnin the tires out before hand i still got no grip. i'm thinking the trailing arms with keep her stuck to the ground

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
i thought 05+'s could pull of a 13.6 stock. i dunno though i've never really looked into it

·
Registered
244 Posts
I wouldnt know here in El Paso I pull 14.9's!! And thats the Best I could get normal is like 15's Can anyone exlpain that one to me?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Haha I would believe that one but when c6's go out on the track the pull 13's so is it just really me or is this elevation **** really true????

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nah Im an auto plus when I race wiht my brothers 05 gt manuel I still get Mid 14's and Im matching other manuels on the strip.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well I just googled it and it says around 3700-4000 ft is this why my times suck ass compared to the numbers you guys post????

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I just googled it and it says around 3700-4000 ft is this why my times suck ass compared to the numbers you guys post????
i'm not sure at all but if thats the case you need to move down to the valley.. if my car was slower everywhere i drove id get on outta there

·
Registered
691 Posts
is this luis? anyway, i ran 15.3 as my best time and managed to beat an srt4 and 350Z, and only lost to a slightly modded lt1 T/A by about .4(that was the first race ever for me in my stang)...everyone runs a second .8 to a full second (maybe even more)slower here...don't feel bad

·
Registered
244 Posts
Okay finally someone from El Paso okay I feel way better now. Yeah I was wondering I always thought this whole Elevation thing was bull.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
lol the elevation is definately slowing your car down, there is a link around this site somewhere that tells you what you would run if you were at sea level.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts