Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could not run. had a wheel stud strip its self so i could not get the lug nut off to put my slicks on. so mad, they are brand new hardend studs and brand new axles so now i have to figure out how to get the lug nug off and then drill my axle to hold a larger kneral stud. btw anyone know where to get a new hardend stud stock thread count with a over sized kneral.

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
I don't think you are meant to be drag racing. You have the shittiest luck. :lol

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got the lug off. the stud is still secure so im happy i dont have to re-drill my new axles. stud was stripped and it would not let go of the lug nut

gotta get new stud... oh wait! already in stock! and chilling in the freezer!

·
Registered
979 Posts
How do you plan on installing the longer studs? You going to pull the axle?

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
this isnt the conventional way, but I put a stud in my old mustang by kinda putting it in cock-eyed and then using a bold and a impact gun to pull the stud flush. Wasnt the best approach, but worked with the little time I had :) defiantly a hack job though.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
God damn man! You have the worst luck.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you dont have to pull the axle just remove the heat sheild and pull it threw a socket using a lug nut. im already done fixing it

·
Registered
979 Posts
you dont have to pull the axle just remove the heat sheild and pull it threw a socket using a lug nut. im already done fixing it
Ok. Good to know. I have replaced a couple stock studs, but I was told that when you changed to longer ones for drag slicks, they were too long to slip in that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts