Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last friday I went to the dragstrip for the first time. I went to Northeast dragway in NC. Its only an 1/8th mile track but its test and tune every friday so i figure ill go there for a while to practice on my launching every week. I made a total of 7 passed that night which is really good considering they stopped it for an hour bc someone broke on the track . My best run of the night was a 9.2 on street tires. It was really hard to hook and i had to feather the clutch and only was able to launch at about 1,700 rpm.

My car is a 2003 mustang gt 5spd, and my mods are JLT CAI, UDP's, SLP LM1 catback, MGW shifter, H&R SuperSport springs, Tokico Illumina shocks and struts and Maximum Motorsports CC plates

R/T: 1.065
60FT: 2.233
ET: 9.273
MPH: 79.376

My question is can i run high 12's with all boltons and 3.73's using some slicks? My friend ran a 12.7 with his all bolton gt and 4.10 gears with slicks. I dont want to get 4.10's bc I do alot of highway driving and they just arent practical for my application. Please let me know guys.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
on a track near sea level, with good traction, with a high rpm launch, aftermarket rear susp. parts, and really good shifting i think u could see a high 12 IMO.

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
As your car sits now but with 3.73s and slicks, maybe if you drive like a mad man, but I doubt it. You would have to have one hell of a launch.

What do you think your car would be sitting at with the 4.10's on the highway?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I would have a few more mods then what i have now theres no way i could break 12's with the few boltons and gears and slicks.
Here is what the complete mods list would be and what my friend currently has except he has 4.10's

JLT CAI
UDP's
SCT tune
3.73 gears
detroit locker differential
31 spline moser axles
MGW short throw
Long tube headers
Accufab 70mm throttle body and intake plenum
O/R x-pipe
Slicks
small bit of weight reduction for the track

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump, I was hoping to get a few more replies

·
KCCO
14,878 Posts
with where you are at right now on the 1/8th, i would say you are looking to run in the high 13's to low 14s. low 13's is possible with all the bolt ons.

let us know the next time you are running down to elizabeth city and we can catch up. my boss and i try to get there a couple times a month

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3.73s will not really be much better than the 4.10s on the highway. But u would have to have a hell of a launch and more suspension to knock a 12 down...
I already know it would take a hell of a luanch to run a 12. My buddy that has all boltons and 4.10s launches at about 5000 rpm on Hoosier QTP slicks. I know id have to do the same with 3.73's but i dont see why i couldnt run a 12.8-12.9 with 3.73's compred to his 12.7 with 4.10's
with where you are at right now on the 1/8th, i would say you are looking to run in the high 13's to low 14s. low 13's is possible with all the bolt ons.

let us know the next time you are running down to elizabeth city and we can catch up. my boss and i try to get there a couple times a month
Ill deffinitaly give you a heads up next time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts