Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today was the first day of track season for me and i blew. i guess it had been longer than i remembered since the last time i ran. it was like i almost forgot how to run my car. anyways i ran into a few issues that made things hard for me. they kept forgetting to fill the water pit so it made doing my burn out difficult. second i was never ready to go before the tree started so i was sleeping out of the hole every time. i missed a shift almost every run. i deff took it to easy out of the hole. i also really need to do alot of suspention mods cause my car does not track strait at all. hell people kept coming up to me saying they thought i was going to wreck cause my car was all over the place. i did run consistant slow times all day long :D. the track around me is 1/8th mile so i was just trying to dial in my short game. first run was a 7.9 with a 2.0 sixty foot and 95 mph. second run was 7.72 with a 1.8 sixty foot at 95 mph. third run was 7.70 with a 1.70 sixty foot but i missed every shift so i crossed at 85 mph. final run was so bad i dont want to talk about it. on the good side my car made it home in 1 piece with minimal work needed. i fouled out my plugs on the 2nd to last run.

here is a crap cell vid my buddy took and it was of my 7.72 @ 95 mph run. i was sleeping at the line, shifted slower than a retard in advanced math class, and rolled out of the hole real slow.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah i forgot to mention i staged to deep so i was backing up when the tree started to go. so yeah in that vid i was deff not ready to go

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Dont worry about the light! I usually sit there for like 3 seconds after green concentrating on what im doing for the best time. Reaction time isnt really as much of a skill as driving.

btw your traps were all over the place! I trapped 92 mph i believe.

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
May not have been the best times but atleast you made it there and back in one piece. The car moves out pretty damn fast.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
May not have been the best times but atleast you made it there and back in one piece. The car moves out pretty damn fast.
It was fast even for my standards. Its still early in the season. Ill work the bugs out. Car should be in the 6.8 range with the power it makes

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
It was fast even for my standards. Its still early in the season. Ill work the bugs out. Car should be in the 6.8 range with the power it makes
I just remembered this was your first time having this car at the track too so thats not bad considering you haven't had much time working on the launches.

·
Registered
789 Posts
When you did start going that thing flew out of the hole. I say congrats, it was your first time at the track in a while and those aren't bad runs. Keep us posted on future runs!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Yeah for your hp it should be high 6's around 100mph, heck my car trapped 92 point something with a 1.969 60 spinning on 385hp.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
It's a learning process and you'll be fine. :D You really need to powershift to get the most out of it. Running in the 6's will be very hard to do lift shifting.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
It's OK man, you're just out of practice.

Divide the "problem" into pieces and solve them one at a time.

Next time out, don't worry about your reaction time. Sit there for a couple of seconds after the green if you want.

Work on getting your launch rpm set and your launching, feeling the track and not overspinning the tires and not bogging. This by itself takes plenty of practice to get "right".

Then when you get that down where you don't have to think about it, start working on shifting quickly at the right rpm.

Then when that becomes second nature, start trying to cut a good light (and of course do all the other things right too while you're at it!).

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not bad times, stockish cobra?
no those are bad times for my setup. 2.9 whippled cobra pushing 630 rwhop at 571 tq. should be close to 7 flat to high 6's at about 100+ mph in the 1/8th

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
don't overthink it bro. enjoy the new car.

the small stuff will fall into place once you get some more time on the car.

·
Registered
929 Posts
shifted slower than a retard in advanced math class, and rolled out of the hole real slow.
It's more polite to say "tardically challenged". :eek:

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Holy **** you were shifting slow! I think I read the bible between the 2nd to 3rd shift!

Jp man, next time you get out there, I bet youll feel alot more comfortable and do a lot better. On a side note though, the car sounds nasty.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
man everyone made fun of my shifting. alot of the slow shifting was to let the car bring its self back in the center of the lane. i cant make up to much exuses cause i sucked bad. but ill get it down by the end of the race season.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
:lmao Im just ****in with you man. It was just funny cause you admitted it.

If it makes you feel any better, I got my best 60 foot, low 1.8, went to powershift 3rd which I ALWAYS ****ing hit, missed it. Still ran a 12.9 @ 109mph though.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I have yet to power shift my car at the track lol iv seen my buddie tear up too many transmissions powershifting 3rd, he's blown up 2 T-5's a T-45 and a T-3650 powershifting

1 - 20 of 23 Posts