Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the track today and ny best run was A 12.8 at 107 mph kind of disappointed but with stock gear and 26in tall tires I new it was gunna happen I finished the 1/4 in the end of 3rd gear lol pulled a 1.7 60ft though I NEED MY GEARS an 31 spline axles :/

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Gears will a lot. What tire are you running?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Ahhh. I say that gears will help cause my 04 with full bolt-on's N/A and 4.10's ran a 13.44 at 107. Granted I had garbage tires but it's clear with that trap MPH my car had the power to run 12's. Gears will help you a lot.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hm I hope thanks you cheered me up with these tire my stock gears I like 2:90's haha my car will prolly do 170 mph right now lol

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is most people doing for suspension I want a good drag set up but don't want to spend a ton

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Go with 4.10's.

·
Premium Member
3,385 Posts
107mph is more like 310rwhp.
Around 400rwhp would be around 116mph.
I know your was street tuned, but did you ever see what it did on a dyno?
I've seen you post that it makes almost 400rwhp?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
i agree with above, somethings up with that trap it should be much higher. and even with the stock gears i would of thought a much faster time. is the car an auto or manual?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finished the quarter at 6000 Rpms in 3rd gear ? Does that sound right with stock gears and 26" tall tires and it was also hott and muggy out idk if that makes a difference I only did one pull on the dyno and with that I blew the belt but I still made 404 hp ... I put a new belt on but haven't dynoed it yet kind of a cheap autozone belt could it be slipping ? How would I tell ?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Hot and Muggy and boost shouldnt be in the same sentance. Blowers run hot as hell. Nevermind the blower trying to compress hot muggy air, your IATs were probably sky high.

Do you have a boost gauge? Youd be able to tell if its slipping. How much boost did you make at 404rwhp?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
that doesn't surprise me that you finished in 3rd. with 404 hp i would expect atleast a 110 trap even with the stock gears. and 115 would be my guess with 3.73's or better and a good run.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
A lot of it depends on the air. If it was hot and muggy, thats going to affect a FI car a lot more then a NA car. So it doesnt surprise me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't have one hooked up in my car yet ( bought a 3 pod pillar and damn those guages r expensive) but I Hooked my buddy's guage up and it spiked at like 7 psi but that was before I put the shitty belt on ... I'll hook his up tomr what should I look for ? And ya when I opened my hood I was hit by a wave of heat and I touched my blower and nearly burned my finger off

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Its hard to say sence you didnt know what it made for boost on the 404rwhp dyno pull. Dont go with a autozone belt. Get a Gates or Gatorback belt and do that. Get your boost gauge setup.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And I drove my car 45 minutes to get to the track let it cool down for only fifteen minutes and then started running it ... I gotta go on a cool night but it's been raining here in ny for about 3 weeks straight so I saw a a chance and I took it , have to start tearing into the rear tomr :) that should be a blast....

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yah its been raining here in MA nonstop. Driving me nuts.

I say do 4.10's. Thats just me, but 3.73s will be good too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thats what I got 4:10 frpp gears 31 spline cobra diff and moser 31 spline axles should be in by the end of the day tom hopefully if all goes well

1 - 20 of 42 Posts