Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to the track at bristol today and didn't run to good. I ran a [email protected] The guy I bought the car from said it had ran [email protected] at the same track. This was my first time there, but I figured I could get close to the time. The car just spins off the line.

What can I do to improve at drag racing?
What can I add to my car to make it faster without breaking the budget.

Mods are

3:90s
BBK cold air
weld in ravens

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
tires & susp.

a driver mod helps too.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Man when I was bone stock I was running 14.023 @ 100.68mph. Depending on the temperature, if its cold, even if their street tires, do a burnout. Launch around 2000rpm and feather the clutch. You should be able to run high 13's with 3.90s man.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Nice car man. Just work on ur 60 foot. Best bet would be nt555r's. Those would help out a lot.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Get that 60 foot down to a 2.1 And you should be 13.9 area.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Sumitomos sucks. Try a different tire and you will do better. You won't need a D/R, but a better street tire will certainly help out.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Why is that.
because nexens aren't much better than sumitomos & although neither side wall is tall enough, you have 17's now & your going to 18's so there will be less sidewall flex to work with meaning less chance of traction

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Yeah I want 17s but those only come in 18s. I thought nexan was part of nittio.
I can't answer the nitto-nexen thing but either way till you get into the drag radial area, sumitomos/nexen/nitto/etc will all be about the same with 3.90's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can't answer the nitto-nexen thing but either way till you get into the drag radial area, sumitomos/nexen/nitto/etc will all be about the same with 3.90's.
Gotcha. I need drag radials then. Looks like I will be rolling the stock wheels for awhile :(

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
depends on which nexen he gets as how good the track is prepped. i was running the nexen n7000 (if i remember right) and i was cutting 2.0 60's consistently.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Once those Sumi's are slick as glass they will hook, both me and MrBigJeep have pulled some good 60's on them, I pulled a 1.91 with them on my 18's

1 - 20 of 20 Posts