Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have been debating on adding nitrous to the car for a while and having so many different opinions from different places and people is really confusing. I had my mind set on getting an HSW wet plate kit. I was talking to a guy from a local mustang club and he said that HSW solenoids are trash and the plate kit is worthless unless I'm spraying 250+. So I decided to ask in a couple of nitrous forums what people thought about the HSW plate kit and instead of getting any solid info I'm being told that I should use a dry kit instead. Here's the problems with all of this.

1. Local guy is an NX dealer so of coarse everything else sucks in his eyes.
2. No one that has said use a dry kit has an s197.
3. I have yet to see any s197 run a dry kit.
4. Wouldn't using a plate kit help atomize the nitrous/fuel mix being sprayed?
5. 250+ with our intake manifold is just stupid. And yes the guy knows that I mean a throttle body spacer kind of plate not direct port, he's an NX dealer so he actually has NX plate kits.

I really want to do a nitrous setup because unlike super/turbo I will have a normal everyday car for daily driving and then when it's time to go the track (or late night middle of nowhere races) I have an extra 100hp and 100+tq on tap. Though at this point with all the different suggestions I think I might just save for the brenspeed v3 vortech kit.

·
Registered
583 Posts
ZEX FTW. Top rated for being the safest nitrous set up for our mustangs. Great quality product and it isnt at a bad price either. Search around for some nitrous deals...you'd be surprised at what you can find. I got a used NX kit for $400 bucks. Came with 2-10lb bottles, all solenoids, purge kit, bottle heaters, upgraded tree on top of one of the 10lb bottles, remote bottle opener, and computer. It was a $1700 kit new. The guy had the kit installed for two months then ended up trading his car in. So he parted everything out. So search around...you'll find a deal!

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
Three words, Harris Speed Works.

Zex is a great plug and play kit, don't get me wrong. But for my money, HSW has more options. Its just as easy to install and its only as expensive as you want to make it. When combined with the "plate" kit and the microedge controller, in my opinion, it can't be beat for the money.

Harris Speed Works*::*EFI Nitrous Kits*::*Ford Vehicles*::*Mustang*::*Mustang '05 - '09*::*HSW Wet Nitrous Kits

No wonder your local guy was talking trash about HSW. He sells NX, of coarse hes going to try to sell you. NX does have the best solenoids in the business, but you pay for it. With NX everything is a LOT more expensive. Also, what was his reasoning for the plate kit being usless for less than 250 shot? That does not make any sense. Better atomization makes for more efficient power at any level. Do your own research, don't get sold on something you don't want/need. Though, if you have the ability to save for a supercharger. Do it. Down the road you will be saving money and headaches. Filling the bottles all the time is a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yeah im not dissing the HSW kit...or any of their products. I just know a few people running ZEX in their cars and i've never heard one bad thing about the ZEX kits. I just haven't heard much about Harris Speed Works. Looks like a great kit for cheap!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Towelly- when doing my original research into getting nitrous you were one of the people that made me decide on the hsw plate kit.

Is there any way to run a dry shot on our cars?
Would it be any better or worse? I understand the tuning aspect is different.

My plan for my kit is -
hsw wet plate kit
microedge
hsw purge
hsw blow down tube
dynotune automatic bottle heater
autolite hto
and nitrous pressure, fuel pressure, and wideband gauge
having it either remote tuned by brooksspeed or continue with doug at bama

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I believe silverstang had a HSW kit on his ride. Might wanna pm him. Using a dry shot you might need to buy bigger injectors. As I'm sure you know

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe silverstang had a HSW kit on his ride. Might wanna pm him. Using a dry shot you might need to buy bigger injectors. As I'm sure you know
thanks, I couldnt remember who else besides towelly had talked about the HSW kits. Search doesnt work very well when using my phone for some reason.

btw, when do you want to meet up so you can get all the stuff from the car show?

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Probably on the Dec 6th. Currently in SC for training

1 - 8 of 8 Posts