Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just wondering if anyone has a wild guess as to what my car might run in the 1/4 mile

Just picked up a dss 331 stroker built with trick flow 170 ported heads ford x cam 1.6 roller rocker 70mm tb 76mm mass air 30lb inj trick flow track heat intake msd al6 box 3.55 gears any ideas of times or hp numbers ?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
go try it only way to find out for sure.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Depends on what rear tires you are running, 5-speed or manual, and suspension setup.

Street tires should be around the low to mid-13's with a good launch.

Drag radials should be mid to high 12's.

Auto with a shift kit/stall will be the better times above^
5-speed will be a tad slower unless you are an EXCELLENT driver.

·
Registered
40 Posts
lower that bad boy and get some wide drag radials on the rear...it will really go then.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i really want to lower the car it just dosent look right at stock hight how far too lower it ? and not have it ride like a stone wagon

·
Resident Headbanger
2,410 Posts
how far too lower it?
One inch is probably enough, and definitely not more than 1.5" unless you want to scrape your exhaust on every speed bump.
If you lower the car you'll experience bumpsteer unless you take preventive measures e.g. bumpsteer kit, offset steering rack bushings, adjustable caster/camber plates.

Street tires should be around the low to mid-13's with a good launch.
I'd be extremely disappointed if I had a 331 stroker and I was only running 13's. I'd be shooting for low 12's or even high 11's.

·
95ish5.0
492 Posts
One inch is probably enough, and definitely not more than 1.5" unless you want to scrape your exhaust on every speed bump.
If you lower the car you'll experience bumpsteer unless you take preventive measures e.g. bumpsteer kit, offset steering rack bushings, adjustable caster/camber plates.
+1 on the speed bumps. Even in my stock ride v6 I had I scraped. they build them like they're nothing now.

On the bumpsteer issue- I feel I'm experiencing this. There's also a wicked popping noise when I stop at a light or start to take off. Should I look into getting it fixed with what you mentioned? If so, what parts do you reccomend? Links are nice. Thanks man

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Without knowing your intake, exhaust or head flow specs, I'd say it's probably about 330-340rwhp. And, depending on your weight/driving you'll run anywhere from an 11.6-12.4 on slicks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts