Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I'm at the mileage to change my fuel filter.. anything special out there worth looking at or shoudl I just grab the $10 repalcement from autozone?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would use the actual Motorcraft filter. You will also need to get a tool to release the locks for the fuel lines (I believe it is 5/16"). I backed the car onto the ramps, released the fuel rail pressure, then took the clamp off that holds the filter into the bracket and pulled the filter out of the bracket. Then pop the little clips off on each side of the lines/fittings. After that I took a plastic grocery store bag and put some paper towels in the bottom of it and held it up around the filter, took the line release tool and pushed it in to release the lock, and then pulled the line off one side and let as much fuel drain out as possible. Then I removed the other line. To install, just put the filter in the bracket and put the clamp back on, push the lines on until the click into place (lock), and then put the clips back on. When you're done, turn the key on for a few seconds to allow the fuel pump to refill the lines and filter, then start it.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I would use the actual Motorcraft filter. You will also need to get a tool to release the locks for the fuel lines (I believe it is 5/16"). I backed the car onto the ramps, released the fuel rail pressure, then took the clamp off that holds the filter into the bracket and pulled the filter out of the bracket. Then pop the little clips off on each side of the lines/fittings. After that I took a plastic grocery store bag and put some paper towels in the bottom of it and held it up around the filter, took the line release tool and pushed it in to release the lock, and then pulled the line off one side and let as much fuel drain out as possible. Then I removed the other line. To install, just put the filter in the bracket and put the clamp back on, push the lines on until the click into place (lock), and then put the clips back on. When you're done, turn the key on for a few seconds to allow the fuel pump to refill the lines and filter, then start it.
+1. Good little write up dude.

To release the fuel pressure, UNPLUG the inertia switch behind the driver side tail light. It's got a little red button on top. Uplug the sensor then run the car untill it dies.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Also, FWIW, I got my Motorcraft filter at the local Advance. They had a few of them in stock for about $11 or $12.

Nice write up on the filter swap!

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Your Welcome :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts