Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accidentally put this in the wrong section so I'm reposting here. Lol anyway..

I removed my quarter glass for the paint job, bought some covers for the moldings on them, which will be urethane on,

My question is which sealant, or adhesive did you use on the glass itself when you you bolt the window back on, I was thinking a medium cure 3m urethane, just don't know about the flexibility of that, was also considering a ribbon type from also made for glass work, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it was glued when I took it out, a weak glue. So maybe it was done wrong or is that factory?

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
was it black tacky **** thats what the tape turns into

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
yeah the butal you have to cut with a wire and it looks like black roof tar someone must have used something else

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Butyl tape on the glass. Go easy on the nuts behind it. They are only 9-17 INCH pounds. The roof rail is easy. One screw and pull it off. LRS has an install video for the upper door molding and roof rail if youre interested. The roof rail install starts at around 2:07 in the video.

How do you post video?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i know the roof rail screws in but mine also had an adhesive, thick black ****, was a bitch to get off, just didnt know if it needed more.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
When i got my new roof rails, it came with the black **** already in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts