Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna have 1 month of racing before I deploy to Iraq for the summer.

I want to get a tuner. SCT and Diablo seem to be the most recommended.
I want to know what exactly they can do to make more power in the engine. Can they change shift points or firm up shifts? (I have an automatic obvisously) What else can they do? (other than clear codes and adjust for tire size)

Previous best is 13.39 on a hot August day. Now I've added some Flows and I might change the plugs and go to a 100shot. Cant afford new tires yet and thats hurtin my 60ft bad.

Hoping for my first 12sec pass before I leave. The cold air this time of year should help

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
They can chang timing,WOT fuel, shift points, shift firmness and pressure, torque modulation, gear ratio adjustmenst, turn off rear 02 sensors,data log,read and clear DTC's and they each have a couple specific little things they do that the others don't

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
with a tuner, you can adjust your timing, fuel delivery, gear ratio, firm up shift points, data log, check for codes, adjust for tire and wheel size, turn off O2 sensors if you have an off road mid pipe. either of the 2 you mentioned are good. Sniper also makes a good product from what i hear. check out local tuners and dynos in your area and see what tuner they are using. that would be the best way to go, so as you add mods, they can write you a custom tune on the dyno.
a tuner will also allow you to get more out of the mods you have. like i said, check out the shops in your area and see what they are using...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, 2 responses with answers and no BS. Im amazed. Anyway... Diable or SCT X3? Does one offer more than the other? Is one easier to use? The main reason I want a tuner is to firm the shifts points, fuel delivery, and retard timing since Im spraying

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
i have a Diablo and am in the process of switching to SCT. from what i've seen, they're both pretty easy to use. the SCT offered a little more in terms of adjustable parameters than the Diablo. again, check with your local shops to see what they use to tune with. it'll make it easier on you when you take the car to get dyno tuned...

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
They are both easier. I like the diablo for the timing range but I like the x3 for its tranny calibrations. I have a full Transgo kit in mine so shifting hard and fast is not an issue for me. Since you are gonna be retarding for nitrous and I think the x3 will be little better in the tranny area I would say X3. But it does cost more.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Theres only one shop I know of and its an hour away. SCT sounds good to me. Best place to buy?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
goin with SCT. Now I gotta wait on the weather:(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here in Central Tx most of us are using the Predator due to there's a dealer within 10 miles of us. It isn't too feasable to have to drive or haul your car a 100 miles for a retune when you've done more upgrades. If there was a local SCT dealer I'm sure we would go with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts