Modded Mustang Forums banner

what all is needed for lts?

2K views 55 replies 13 participants last post by  Avaric3 
#1 ·
well of course the long tubes itself, but do they bolt right on to the stock catback?

#5 ·
#11 ·
then get long tubes, install them, take the borlas and a few hundred dollars to a muffler shop and hope they will install them on an uncatted setup. maybe take it to a performance shop for them to fab it up. it would be cheaper to buy a bolt on setup

#18 ·
install the headers yourself and leave out the midpipe, leave the borla exhaust hanging, and tow to an exhaust shop and have them weld in a mid pipe, if you want they can relocate you cats as well might have to cut a bit off the back of your cat back, shouldn't cost you over 80 bucks plus towing fees if you dont have a trailer

#23 ·
learn too lol it will help you a lot, and your going to be going to a speed shop to do LTs since no state licensed place can remove your cats if you have emissions

uhh i bet 90% of the people on this forum, if they have modified their exhaust, its flow masters. woooooooooooooow borrrrrrrrrrinnngggg.

**** towing it drive it with no mufflers!

borla is dual cat back but i had to cut like a foot after the axle off (the end closer to the middle) and clamp my borla's on.
yeah that works too lol, but you'll have to install the LTs and throw your catback in the car so it doesnt drag then have the muffler shop weld everything up
and I can understand not wanting to throw out a 600 dollar catback

#37 ·
I added long tubes form mac, and used a mac offroad h-pipe. If you trailer hte car to the muffler shop or tell them you dont wanna receipt they should do the work. Install the long tubes your self and the h-pipe(or whatever midpipe you choose to use. I took the stock flanges in front of the cats, cut them off and welded them to a 12" section of pipe then to the mufflers. This way the mufflers bolt right up to the mid pipe and the whole system is modular. Being installed myself and exhaust shop only does welding your looking at 20-40 bux. ext the o'2 sensors your self. and then you only have to worry about the mill deletes. I Have a v-6, if anyone has question i can do a write up on the install, no pics tho sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.