what all is needed for lts?

2K views 55 replies 13 participants last post by  Avaric3 
you need:

long tube headers
oxygen sensor extension harness
mil eliminators
short off road mid pipe
cat back for the same model year gt

then get long tubes, install them, take the borlas and a few hundred dollars to a muffler shop and hope they will install them on an uncatted setup. maybe take it to a performance shop for them to fab it up. it would be cheaper to buy a bolt on setup

hey if he likes it who cares what he paid for it. Obviously he was aware it was expensive and still chose to buy it. You guys just hate to hear someone using a muffler besides flowmaster/magnaflow/mac.
i love bassani and borla, but he still overpaid for what he got.

I added long tubes form mac, and used a mac offroad h-pipe. If you trailer hte car to the muffler shop or tell them you dont wanna receipt they should do the work. Install the long tubes your self and the h-pipe(or whatever midpipe you choose to use. I took the stock flanges in front of the cats, cut them off and welded them to a 12" section of pipe then to the mufflers. This way the mufflers bolt right up to the mid pipe and the whole system is modular. Being installed myself and exhaust shop only does welding your looking at 20-40 bux. ext the o'2 sensors your self. and then you only have to worry about the mill deletes. I Have a v-6, if anyone has question i can do a write up on the install, no pics tho sorry.
yeah i did this a few years back and wrote an article on it:

Ford Mustang Long Tube Header Install

Bawhaha, how did that happened?
i dont remember which thread, but i stopped, typed in the quick reply box, then just kept browsing around without posting anything haha

you can buy an off road midpipe for 130-150 bucks, then buy the cat back kit for the gt... and it is bolt on and you dont have to waste the money twice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.