Modded Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
better than clockWise
20,483 Posts
Must be rough.

I get two types of women: "Ohh you are a cop? I don't date cops" or "Ohh you are a cop? I Just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE a man in uniform." The former sucks because I'm sure there is no other reason why they wont aside from the "Authoritative asshole" complex that some women seem to think every cop they meet is that way and the later is bad because badge bunnies are bad news! :)

I recently signed up for eHarmony and it has really exposed how shallow people are. I've had folks from all walks of life just "block" for no apparent reason. I can only assume it's because "cop" or some other silly reason. Whatever, there are 3-4 more girls in the latest batch that I'll chat up and you can go about your merry way never knowing what you've missed! ;)

Frankly, hang in there. Get some confidence, meet new people and have fun. Too young to be too serious about this kind of ****! :)
Being a cop isn't your problem, working in the public sector is. The company I worked for went out of business and to make ends meet until I find a replacement job, I begrudgingly went back into the public sector as a pizza delivery guy. I already had a low view of humanity but this is really sucking my soul right out of my body. People are ****ing assholes.

Swatting what exactly? I'm not so sure a new edge would attract much of anything...
It wont. Here's what I know as fact from actual life events... I owned a 98 GT vert.. no ****s were given by the ladies. I then owned a 2002 GT vert, again, no ****s were given by the ladies. I then and now own an 07 GT vert (albeit an RS3) and when I park it at the mall the two times a year I go, I see women talking to each other and grown men taking pictures. I know that A) I could **** every woman withing 100ft and B) their man would probably brag about it.

This sort of goes back to my loss of faith in humanity but, new shiny things will get you laid. I suggest getting a 15 vert. A vert may not be a "mans" car but, it is definitely a " you're gonna get laid" car. At the end of the day, I'll take option B. No ****s given what Billy Bob thinks about my bitch car. I just want his wife to bend over while I PIITB.

and she will

·
More average than ever
2,970 Posts
"I was told by a few friends of mine that are female that I don't stand out enough."

Dude, I drive a bright ****ing orange car with a loud exhaust setup and I don't get any. If that's not standing out idk what is.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

i agree with babblebot. get comfterble talking to girls and go from their
I'm not comfortable talking to anyone, guy or girl, so I guess I'm ****ed. Whatever, my plans on becoming a crazy forest hermit are falling in place nicely anyways.

·
More average than ever
2,970 Posts
Lose the fox for a new edge and you'll be swatting them off of you.
My mach 1 has netted me zero ass since I got it 3 years ago. Hasn't even gotten me a second look from a girl.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Get out of the car with your dick hanging out, and then they cant say you don't stand out!
This is true.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
"I was told by a few friends of mine that are female that I don't stand out enough."

Dude, I drive a bright ****ing orange car with a loud exhaust setup and I don't get any. If that's not standing out idk what is.

Your CAR standing out isn't the issue. YOU need to stand out outside of your car. Every woman I've ever dated only gives a **** about your car as far as how she perceives being seen in it. If it's a rusted out shitbox, a cheap little economy beater, or heaven forbid, a panel van she will not want to be seen near it (unless said economy beater is driven by a college age person working their way through school).

I've owned a very mean Trans Am that guys would walk up to me in the parking lot to ask me how fast it was, I had a 99 Mustang GT that I would get business cards under the windshield wiper asking me how much, and I'm on my second PI Swapped 97 Thunderbird that has a great exhaust tone that gets me doubletakes as I drive it from guys in Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers. Not a single woman, including my wife, has given a **** and a half about any of them (except my wife liked to drive my Mustang to work to test me to see if I'd let her). My wife does like the ride quality of my Thunderbird much better than the Mustang, but that's all she really cares about it. When I was dating her I was driving a 2002 Crown Vic that had 20,000 miles on it and all she cared was that it was comfortable, and it looked nice, for an "old man car".

Don't ever expect your car to draw women in. Those kind of girls (who want to be seen getting in and out of a Lambo) only care about their image, not you. Make YOURSELF stand out somehow, and not by wearing loud shirts. Expand your personality, let the real you out and let that draw them in.

·
More average than ever
2,970 Posts
"Let the real you out and let that draw them in."

Can't do it. Crippling social anxiety that years of therapy couldn't even scratch. And please please please don't suggest I "step out of my comfort zone" or "just do it". It always ends with my dignity (what's left) being shredded, every time. I don't just get nervous and ****. I shut down. My mind goes completely blank, I go into a cold sweat, I feel like I'm having a heart attack, breathing becomes a chore. Come to think of it I really should be medicated for this, but I don't like the idea of long term artificial alterations to my brain chemistry. I also like to be self reliant, don't want to depend on pills to be able to talk to strangers.

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Well. Good news is that my friendship with this girl hasn't become awkward like I thought it would if I asked her out and got denied. It was a little awkward the first few days but I just acted like nothing happened and she did soon after. So at least I still have a friend. If it turns into more later then so be it. If not, oh well. Not worried about it. Moving on. I'm going to Detroit for an internship in January and I'm going to enjoy the corporate life for 8 months and site see and drive a NASCAR and enjoy myself. We'll see how it goes when I get back.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts

Can't do it. Crippling social anxiety that years of therapy couldn't even scratch. And please please please don't suggest I "step out of my comfort zone" or "just do it". It always ends with my dignity (what's left) being shredded, every time. I don't just get nervous and ****. I shut down. My mind goes completely blank, I go into a cold sweat, I feel like I'm having a heart attack, breathing becomes a chore. Come to think of it I really should be medicated for this, but I don't like the idea of long term artificial alterations to my brain chemistry. I also like to be self reliant, don't want to depend on pills to be able to talk to strangers.
I can't offer any advice on your anxiety issues. You have to work with what you've got, so I'd just not pressure yourself.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

I'm not comfortable talking to anyone, guy or girl, so I guess I'm ****ed. Whatever, my plans on becoming a crazy forest hermit are falling in place nicely anyways.
External things might draw attention to you, but once you step out of the car, then what?

Read this entire link. How to Attract Women: What They're Not Telling You - Attraction Institute

A couple of excerpts

·
Registered
4,562 Posts

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
You taking your car?
Highly unlikely. It'll sit at home all that time :( I'd like to take it but I don't want to hassle with hauling it there. Hopefully my dad will be kind enough to start it once in a while.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Don't "ask out" girls. Girls like one of two types of guys. The eye candy or the funny guy. Try to be both. A couple beers will loosen you up if that is your thing. Crack jokes and be silly but don't be a goofball. Are you looking for a girlfriend or just a hook up? Use college as a training ground for development both mentally and sexually when it comes to woman. Just like college preps you for a career, it preps you for relationships as well. Don't go around banging nasty chicks, but my advice is to bang as many as you can. You learn something from each of them. I sewed my oats in college or a year or so after. When I met my wife all the pre game jitters see gone and I was ready to settle down.

With woman two things are important. Keep them laughing and keep them satisfied in the fart sack. If you can do that you own them.

You need a confidence builder and believe me a few one or two night stands will get it done.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Don't stand out enough.......that's when you bend her over the couch with a couple wraps of her ponytail and commence to giving her the high hard one.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Beer is always the answer.

Slowbalt- I was never one for medication or "reliance" on medication either, but my ADHD was keeping me from getting my stuff done. I ended up getting medication and it helped me SO much. I only take it on certain occasions. If you feel like your anxiety is keeping you from getting stuff done, then you should most definitely *try* some medication. If you don't like the results, you can stop as soon as you feel like stopping.

Don't ever close yourself off to new possibilities-- it could change your life for the better.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts

The anxiety you experience is very very common, more common in people then you think. The key with anxiety is getting comfortable. It's the initial act of going out on a limb that is hardest. When I was younger meeting girls at parties and bars with a couple of beers in me worked magic. Once you have a girl interested the rest is easy. They are not going to be interested in a nervous nelly they see that as a sign of weakness. I'm not preaching becoming an alcoholic but there is zero wrong with meeting girls at social functions while having some drinks. I think you would be surprised with how many people met their spouses that way.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

The "dick gets hard" method would have landed me with a lot of blehhh chicks :lmao
I'm in the prime of my boner years
Haha I have a couple of big girls under the belt but did ok for myself. I followed my motto with no fear. I wish social media and cellphones. were around in my prime, it seems so much easier these days to land girls. We had to shift on the fly in my days, now you can have a f$ck buddy all set up via text.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
I'll +1 FoxFive's advice. Remember, a Couple of Beers... not so drunk you are out of control. Loosen up, that's all.

When I married my ex wife, she was only the fourth person I had ever had sex with. Hindsight being 20/20, I totally settled because at that time in life I didn't have the self confidence to know I was settling and I didn't want to admit that to myself. People look at me, my current wife, and if they see my ex they go, "What the ****, did you lose a bet?"

So, in the 2 years between my divorce and meeting my new wife, I had a LOT of sex. Some were only intended as one nighters, some were dates to see where things would go and they tried to lure me in with sex but other aspects of their personality showed up quickly enough for me to back out, but I had about 10 women in those two years. Not bragging (ok, a little bragging), but I had to get my game on and learn what I liked, what I didn't, and get more experience, learn how to please and be pleased and also learn not to settle for some broken down bitch.

So, go have fun, don't stress about it. Don't work yourself up or down, just go out and enjoy yourself. See what happens. And for the love of Pete, wrap it. Don't need any repercussions.

·
Rent Asunder!
11,806 Posts

I'd recommend you get on Zoloft or something similar. Zoloft has made me a very talkative and social person. I already wasn't very shy to begin with. Social anxiety is a real disorder and I'd advise seeking help for it again.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I'll rent you the Lambo

61 - 80 of 80 Posts