Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.223 duh, but which company do you guys prefure and what grain weight.
i was told 55 grain, just seeing what u guys use

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
federal anything and remmington anything really. I have not shot it to kill anything yet. And try to find 5.56 ammo, it is better. I know they are the "same thing" but they really are not.

55 grain is good.

I shoot those and 40 grain.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what distance are you shooting with the 55gr and the 40gr.

5.56 ammo shouldnt be to hard to find i would think.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
5.56 ammo isn't that easy to find for a decent price, .223 is pretty easy to find. For any plinking ammo any 55 grain brass cased ammo works great, even the steal case works alright as long as you clean it good before you shoot brass cased. I have been shooting the walmart 100 and 200 rnd value packs more than anything for the range. If you can get it for protection some 69 grain hornady tap works pretty damn good. It also depends on the twist rate of the barrel what will stabilize better and be more accurate. But basically for me all the federal value packs from walmart have been good to go with my bushy, but i have only shot about 1200 rounds so far.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not sure of the twist, i just got the rifle yesterday and am still reading the manual and things (ADD hasnt helped that at all)
where would i pick up the 69 grain hornady tap from? and if i find some 5.56 surplus ammo ill let you know haha. i know im getting a crate of yugo 8mm mauser for the mauser and 2 crates of 7.62x54r for the dragunov, maybe that company has some 5.56 :dunno

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
how about you send me some of that 7.62x54r, need some for my mosins. And the hornady is hard to find, it seems to pop up for a short time then dissappears for a while again.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
sportsmanguide.com has some but only 55gr right now, the 60 gr and 75 gr are on backorder like always. Plus its like a dollar a round with that stuff.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
the grain weight really dpends on what twist the barrel is. i shoot m855 and federal xm193 exclusively. both 5.56 and are what the military uses. the m855 is a steel penetrator.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
oh and didnt read the whole thing were tim said something about the twist rate....

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
i shoot some wolf and some cheap remington stuff occasionally. but all of my stuff that i have in magazines for shtf, its all xm193 and m855. 35 mags full..... black pmags for m855, and green pmags for xm193

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
i shoot some wolf and some cheap remington stuff occasionally. but all of my stuff that i have in magazines for shtf, its all xm193 and m855. 35 mags full..... black pmags for m855, and green pmags for xm193
I'm with you bro, about 50 mags and one mongo mag 2 ARs and 1 M14 2 HK 94s....open the gates of hell I'm ready....I have so much more in the safe....That's why I AM 'WAR-PARTY'

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
i am only at about 7 mags, but still trying to get more. Makes it alot harder when your state says its illegal to sell 30 rnd magazines and its illegal to even ship them to maryland. So have to go out of state to get them.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
oh and it sucks i won't have mine for at least 4-6 weeks for the work i am getting done to it and thats the turnaround time.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
tim send me your gun and the rail, and ill have it back to you in 2 weeks, and ill charge you less to do the work. ive got all of the tools to do it, and ive taking a couple armory classes...... one for ar15s, glock, and springfield

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
bubba, did you get the rail put on yet?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts