Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted my most recent order on facebook after receiving it as some of my friends know that I have been doing this more and more and that's what facebook is for lol.

This conversation happened shortly after (and I don't care if you guys know what my facebook is lol):

BTW the first picture I posted was the crazy reflection shot of Handz car then after he said that paint has changed since then I posted a good shot of Vaders car b/c it's brand new and a chart of the layers of clear coat/paint/primer/body panel.

Everything I said may not be correct but he was so far off I was just frustrated and my mind was blown that someone who paints cars in a body shop (and he actually does) could be this ignorant to what he was doing.

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
I feel you brother. I tried explaining to a girl friend that machine washes destroy your paint and that I would properly wash it for her for free. She laughed and said I don't believe you. When it comes to this stuff I keep it to myself because of the sheer ignorance from people. It's absolutely maddening. Yesterday I heard two guys argueing over which is better, turtle wax or nufinish....I walked away.

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel you brother. I tried explaining to a girl friend that machine washes destroy your paint and that I would properly wash it for her for free. She laughed and said I don't believe you. When it comes to this stuff I keep it to myself because of the sheer ignorance from people. It's absolutely maddening. Yesterday I heard two guys argueing over which is better, turtle wax or nufinish....I walked away.
:lmao that's hilarious. It is so frustrating for some reason. Something I have spent a lot of time researching the past couple months and I have learned a ton and I do realize there is still a lot I don't know but at the same time the average person knows so little but thinks they know so much. . .

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
I dont explain much to people on Facespace

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I posted my most recent order on facebook after receiving it as some of my friends know that I have been doing this more and more and that's what facebook is for lol.

This conversation happened shortly after (and I don't care if you guys know what my facebook is lol):

BTW the first picture I posted was the crazy reflection shot of Handz car then after he said that paint has changed since then I posted a good shot of Vaders car b/c it's brand new and a chart of the layers of clear coat/paint/primer/body panel.

Everything I said may not be correct but he was so far off I was just frustrated and my mind was blown that someone who paints cars in a body shop (and he actually does) could be this ignorant to what he was doing.
well he works in a body shop that is the problem right there. They think they know EVERYTHING and 99.9% of the "Detailers" that work in body shops are PURE HACKS
Case in point..My neighbors car was detailed by the body shop

then i had to fix it

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
well he works in a body shop that is the problem right there. They think they know EVERYTHING and 99.9% of the "Detailers" that work in body shops are PURE HACKS

then i had to fix it
dah faq happened to that hood!

i feel for you guys with girlfriends who dont listen, my gf has already told me she isnt letting anyone else wash her car again. downside she lives 6 hours away and sometimes only get to see each other every 2 months.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
thats called a hack who thinks he knows what he is doing..picks up a Rotary and just whips it all over the paint causing a **** ton of Holograms.

The most ridiculous things in detailing i heard..HMMM I dont know cause I usually let the stupid stuff just go in one ear out the other but I could probably look in this forum and quote some stuff

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats called a hack who thinks he knows what he is doing..picks up a Rotary and just whips it all over the paint causing a **** ton of Holograms.

The most ridiculous things in detailing i heard..HMMM I dont know cause I usually let the stupid stuff just go in one ear out the other but I could probably look in this forum and quote some stuff
:lmao :lmao :lmao

That hood looked ridiculous. . . Freakin a that's bad. Nice recovery though, paint looks wet.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts

HOLY **** This is my BIGGEST pet peeve, when people, IGNORANT people, think they know what they are talking about and are completely stupid.

He works in a body shop and he knows NOTHING about clear coats at ALL, he says you can do 5 coats of clear and itll look good-WRONG, youll have HELLACIOUS orange peel. You put 5 coats of clear so you can wet sand it down to perfection without breaching the clear coat....****ing tardcart.

then i had to fix it
Nice work vader. People in bodyshops are worse than regular people, regular people are open minded.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

That hood looked ridiculous. . . Freakin a that's bad. Nice recovery though, paint looks wet.
^

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
Most recently, I ran in to some people selling some kind of spray cleaner/wax/wonder chemical outside a corner store.. Forgot the name of it but it was a rather large white can with lots of black n red and I think sponsored by some NASCAR driver.

This little gangster bitch runs up to my car (when I had my 08 GT) and starts talkin about how the wax is awesome n yadda yadda yadda. Well, being kind of a clean freak when it comes to my car, I immediately zeroed in on the dirty, oily, stained rag she's holding.
She then sprays my chrome Boss 338 wheel with this spray and I'll admit -- it cleans the wheel pretty well...stuff worked awesome on the chrome but then goes over to my ****ING HOOD, sprays and starts cleaning my hood with the same dirty ass rag :eek: I almost had to slap a ho.
She said that because of the advanced science behind the spray, using a dirty rag wouldn't make a difference. Yea ****ing right. There's now an oily spot where a clean spot used to be. She denied it and wanted to clean it again but I said no thanks.

Ended up buying two cans tho :lol

Stuff works awesome on chrome..I can't deny that.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
speaking of that..During a big car show they have in the summer vendors are there. Ther eis this car place called Team Nutz in my area they are all morons. Well they sell this products for detailing called Auto something I forget its name. But anyway this fat ass moron who couldnt even get out of his chair is trying to tell me I am using crappy stuff..aka menzerna, Megs, Ultima and his stuff is soo much better and to let them clean my car and show me what a real shine was..I said yea no thanks I know wtf I am doing

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have found that the people who usually call the name brand products (Menzerna/Megs/CG/etc) crap are the people who have something of their own to push or have 0 experience using any of their real product line. . .

·
Registered
726 Posts
Wow Shook... I lol'd...

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow Shook... I lol'd...
I would have lol'd if I wasn't so frustrated due to the over abundance of stupidity from someone who puts a lot of work into painting a car. I have painted body parts (bumpers and fenders and hoods) with my grandpa who used to own and run his own bodyshop and did a great job doing so. And let me tell you I know how much work it is to prep and paint a car right. To do all that work to not protect it is absolutely mind boggling to me. .

·
MM's Resident Male Nurse
1,314 Posts
I have to admit, I know nothing about detailing, but at least I admit it. Unfortunately, I don't have alot of time for detailing either between work and school.

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was being sarcastic lol. I had to have a good example to give him of what a corrected/waxed car looked like and yours was perfect because lord knows a paint job 12 years later wouldn't look like yours if it wasn't taken care of.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Most recently, I ran in to some people selling some kind of spray cleaner/wax/wonder chemical outside a corner store.. Forgot the name of it but it was a rather large white can with lots of black n red and I think sponsored by some NASCAR driver.

This little gangster bitch runs up to my car (when I had my 08 GT) and starts talkin about how the wax is awesome n yadda yadda yadda. Well, being kind of a clean freak when it comes to my car, I immediately zeroed in on the dirty, oily, stained rag she's holding.
She then sprays my chrome Boss 338 wheel with this spray and I'll admit -- it cleans the wheel pretty well...stuff worked awesome on the chrome but then goes over to my ****ING HOOD, sprays and starts cleaning my hood with the same dirty ass rag :eek: I almost had to slap a ho.
She said that because of the advanced science behind the spray, using a dirty rag wouldn't make a difference. Yea ****ing right. There's now an oily spot where a clean spot used to be. She denied it and wanted to clean it again but I said no thanks.

Ended up buying two cans tho :lol

Stuff works awesome on chrome..I can't deny that.
^ +1 to that! they ALWAYS set up at a local gas station, and I bought 2 cans before I got more into detailing:facepalm:....now I just avoid that gas station when I see their tent set up

1 - 20 of 32 Posts