Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
theres two blue round cylinders on top of the fuel tank. one had one bung on it and the other has two. what are they called? i managed to get the single-bung one out of my tank and into the new one, but i broke the one with two bungs and literally cant find a replacement anywhere.

· Registered
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know that part. i just cant find it anywhere.

· Premium Member
13,580 Posts
And you wont find that big part ANYWHERE they have been discontinued for years, and that is the main Vent for the tank. Without the big vent your system will not function properly and youll build pressure in the tank unless you vent the tank to the atmospehere which will smell like ****.

the only way to get one is to buy a use tank and cut it out, which I am Also doing this week. If your still on a stock tank just buy a used tank and use it.

· Registered
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well thats not what i wantd to hear. im trying to swap them into my glenns sumped tank. i wonder if i could just have the hole welded shut?

· Premium Member
13,580 Posts
no I have not but I doubt ford would mass manufacture different sizes - might be worth the $60 to avoid the hassle of cutting the old one out
Great find....

· Registered
695 Posts
When I swapped to my new tank I just removes that evap junk, i got a vented cap but i haven't noticed anything different. The codes are still on, have not gotten around to having tuner turn them off though. Could be an option if your willing to forget the system entirely.

· Premium Member
13,580 Posts
When I swapped to my new tank I just removes that evap junk, i got a vented cap but i haven't noticed anything different. The codes are still on, have not gotten around to having tuner turn them off though. Could be an option if your willing to forget the system entirely.
I didn't want a vented cap because the fumes getting into the garage also the Large vent is needed to vent the system when your fueling as well.

· Registered
695 Posts
I didn't want a vented cap because the fumes getting into the garage also the Large vent is needed to vent the system when your fueling as well.
Ill be completely honest, i'm not sure whats up with gas fumes, with the cap I have I do not have any. It looks to me like its a 2 piece check valve with a rubber stop. If I had to guess it looks like it only opens under the fuel pump suction and is sealed the rest of the time.

· Registered
2002 Roush stage 2 gt
1 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts