Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to get a new cam for my 92 5.0. The internals are stock. Has a Vortech v-1 supercharger on it bbk shorty headers bbk catless x-pipe, smog delete kit. Other then that theres nothing else performance wise on it. I am also changing the cooling system at the same time. I got a mishimoto radiator for it and a Proform 15" electric fan. Not sure what im doing for a thermostate yet but will either b a 160 or 185. What do you guys think.

The cams that I was thinking about was the Ford Racing E303 or was going to go with a trickflow one with a rpm range of 2000-5500

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not sure what im doing for a thermostate yet but will either b a 160 or 185. What do you guys think.
I would go with the 160 thermostat. Never heard any complaints about mishimoto.

The cams that I was thinking about was the Ford Racing E303 or was going to go with a trickflow one with a rpm range of 2000-5500
I would recommend the Ford Racing E303.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Get ahold of, Winston "The Cougar Eater" Chesterdorph, He grins the most custom cams out there. Way more custom than a regular custom cam.

·
Registered
528 Posts
poor newbs and their cam questions.:tomato well before you get your heads ripped off and get told the alphabet cams are out dated and the trickflow cam is an off the shelf cam, your not going to make as much power as you could with a "custom cam" just a heads up. :) as for where to get your custom cam, alot of people on here like Jay allen. thats where i would turn. good luck. :D

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
theres nothing wrong with off the shelf cams, just the alphabet cams are sooooooo old. Hell a comp cams blower cam would be great for your car, simple easy, slide in and go

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I would go with the 160 thermostat. Never heard any complaints about mishimoto
lol the only complaint would be that it doesn't allow your car/ecm to reach operating temp. I'd go with the 180

Get ahold of, Winston "The Cougar Eater" Chesterdorph, He grins the most custom cams out there. Way more custom than a regular custom cam.
that's funny as hell... my vote though goes to the f cam

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
Engine building 101

Not everyone is looking to gain every single bit of power out of a car. Not everyone is a balls out every weekend racer of their cars. Comp Cams obviously knows a little bit about what they are doing other wise they would have been gone a long time ago.

Yes a custom cam is always Ideal. But there is not a single thing wrong with an off the shelf cam for a simple plug and play deal. Put it in, get the springs, dot to dot on the sprockets and let it go.

You really need to get off your high horse on cam selection, not everyone wants to hear you dribble your concieded **** out of your mouth when a simple yes or no or hey try this answer is all thats needed.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
so what cam would you build?

or do you need to wait til your phone line opens tomorrow?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
J, I thought you were getting custom cam section started?
I wish, Mustank could stay in there, with his great answers like "Engine building 101", then he can post some random pix and stuff.

And I will continue to do my custom cam by, (Name "adjective, Noun" Name).

·
Registered
528 Posts
lol, How did i see this coming? I must be a Jedi.......:catfight. Ok if the guy wants his QUESTION ANSWERED> he asked about the thermostat and wether the e303 cam or the trickflow cam would be better. If we are going to "answer" this question. My suggestion would be the trickflow. question answered. :D as for the thermy i agree with the others.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
lol, How did i see this coming? I must be a Jedi.......:catfight. Ok if the guy wants his QUESTION ANSWERED> he asked about the thermostat and wether the e303 cam or the trickflow cam would be better. If we are going to "answer" this question. My suggestion would be the trickflow. question answered. :D as for the thermy i agree with the others.
Well put.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
ZOMG...jay allen is the bestest...!!!!!1111one!

pretty much get a comp blower cam or an overpriced anderson blower cam.

They will just as good for 99% of the people out there and 75% cheaper.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.