Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this post may be better somewhere else, but I know you camera lovers are in this section. My wife has taken a couple photography classes, And she wants a really nice camera for Christmas. I heard the canon rebel t3i is good, But it's kind of a monster.I'm not sure we would be that into it. My price range is variable. My wife doesnt have a hobby like my cars, so i feel guilty having 2 stangs and modding them like crazy, while she hardly spends money. So I can spend a decent amount, but if for our use something around $400 will work and is great, I would prob do that. Costco has a canon SX 50 that's decent size, but I'm just not sure. She wants to get into photography a little bit more so I'd like to get one with the options she can play with. And with Christmas almost here I'll probably have to get it at Best Buy or Costco or target or somewhere in town

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think a Canon T2I is a good choice...

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
If she's interested in the hobby and intends to become more serious, start talking yourselves out of the size of the DSLR bodies. They are feature packed and no point & shoot will be anything close to a good compromise.

That said, some point and shoots are very good and produce a quality photograph. If you want total control of any situation though, DSLR's are in a class not reachable by a P&S.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I did it, Just bought the T3I at Costco. it came with the following
EOS Rebel T3i Body
EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Type II Lens
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Type II Lens
Canon Rebel Gadget Bag
8GB Class 10 SDHC Memory Card
Mini-HDMI Cable
EOS T3i Tutorial DVD
Wide Strap
USB Interface Cable
Stereo AV Cable
Battery Pack
Battery Charger
EOS Digital Solution Disk
Instruction Manuals “Great Photography is Easy” Booklet and “Do More with Macro” Booklet

I Paid $729 with the instant manufacture rebate. it came out to 784ish with tax. I did a lot of research and best buy had a similar deal, but nothing was as good. I feel pretty good about my purchase. Of course, it was a chunk of change, but my wife hardly said a word about me making $330 payment on my Mach1 for the past 3 years, not to mention all the bolt ons and stuff between the 2 stangs. Good thing both of them are paid off now lol.
Thanks for the advise. I'm glad to hear eveyone likes the T3i
You will be seeing some good shots of the stangs come christmas day:woot

·
I hate decals
51 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet. That's very reassuring... I'm excited for my wife to see it. I currently have it hidden in the trunk of my mach1 hehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts