Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have around $5,000. Yes I wish it was more but I'm still in college. I have a 2008 mustang GT pretty much stock besides a pypes exhaust system. Looking for feedback pertaining to what upgrades I should do performance wise. In other words what can I upgrade and get the most bang for my buck with the engine to get more power. My buddy is also a mechanic so I'm not worrying about labor costs. Thanks

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
So many things can be done with 5,000 dollars. I wouldn't complain to be a college student with an 08 GT and 5 grand to spend on it LOL.

Congrats on the ride and good luck modding it. :pics ???

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha, dude i have a **** load of magazines and stuff its just overwhelming and I want other peoples perspective on what should be done

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
boost
dope
gears
heads/cams
bolt ons
suspension.

the list is endless. you gotta give us more info as far your goals/expectations.

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts
i'd buy a hooker. and then use the rest of the $4,999 to supercharge the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just lookin for power and a little more get up and go. Such as more aggresive at the wheel then what it already is. This is a stick v8 4.6. I know its a vague explanation but it pretty much sums it up

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am looking for more power at the wheel, aggressive start up like 0-60. And I drive a jeep for my daily driver this is in storage for winter so I have time to dick around with it

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
I have a turbo kit for much less than that.. Bam you have power. Finish the rest of it with suspension. Boom, fast car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a turbo kit for much less than that.. Bam you have power. Finish the rest of it with suspension. Boom, fast car.
What do those cost for roughly?

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I would buy a turbo kit from s & h turbo, with fuel system for like $3300, bmr k member for 600ish, LCA's and an adj uca and top it off with an aluminum one piece driveshaft.. but, I don't have 5,000... lol

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
You can buy mine for roughly 3k, since idk how much it costs to get to canada. But then all you need to do is put it together. Fuel system n all. Hell I even have instructions

·
Lexus FTW
4,411 Posts
On 3 Performance - Turbo Kits for Ford Mustangs

Thats best bang for your buck, however I would NOT go through this company directly. Search this forum and you will learn a lot about them. Dont buy their supporting mods either. Then stock gears are fine, you will reach your power goals and hold off on the tuner because a dyno tune would be best after this

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would buy a turbo kit from s & h turbo, with fuel system for like $3300, bmr k member for 600ish, LCA's and an adj uca and top it off with an aluminum one piece driveshaft.. but, I don't have 5,000... lol
Thanks for the input, this is something to think about

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Or how about this, would you rather have instant power, you being s 3v there is a good bit of positive displacement superchargers available unlike the 2vs

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts
You can buy mine for roughly 3k, since idk how much it costs to get to canada. But then all you need to do is put it together. Fuel system n all. Hell I even have instructions
he's in new york :shiftyeyes

1 - 20 of 72 Posts