Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2v 4.6..... what. An I take off a mach 1 or a cobra for my engine...

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
the whole engine n wiring harness n pcm

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Mach/Cobra motors are 4v, the GT motors have 2v heads. Not much can be taken and put on yours without taking a lot of parts. Best bet would be to take an entire motor.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Mach/Cobra motors are 4v, the GT motors have 2v heads. Not much can be taken and put on yours without taking a lot of parts. Best bet would be to take an entire motor.

Yeah what he said!

·
Registered
376 Posts
^+1 If the engine is working, I'd do a swap

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Id take the motor with the wiring harness. Dont need the pcm, you acually dont need the wiring harness either but itll make life a lot easier.

The seats, Mach 1 seats own GT seats. And front brakes!

·
Registered
77 Posts
U can convert urs to DOHC (like the cobra). Not easy but easier than swaping the engine

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
It would be easier to swap the longblock from the mach into the GT. And if he gets the wiring harness, itll be a lot easier. Rather then dealing with the timing cover, timing gear, modding the harness (polarity has to be reversed for COPs) etc....

·
Registered
77 Posts
True. With a hoist and some help he could swap motors. But it sounds to me like he's just looking to take parts from the engine

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so a 4v or the 5.4 engine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts