Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if i have to be in this section or put it in the clubhouse?
but i went to the track last night Bcuz i put the JLT on and the trickflow combo kit and my times are exactly the same from last time i came when all i had was a BBK intake? last time i hit a 14.3 at 94mph now last night i was hitting 14.5s all night at 96 an 97 MPH and thats with using slicks :mad: so do you guys think i lost bottom end and just gained top end and now its even?

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Track temps could of been different, air temps different, humidity, time of day out, maybe the bbk was better :). I'm sure it was inconsistent driving, you didn't expect to see crazy time changes did you

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
+1, it wasn't like you strapped a blower on there. Gains from those parts are usually minimal at best. Also, was it the same track? And what elevation are you? Your times should be much lower than that with slicks...

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I agree, you didn't do anything that would increase overall power, just move it around a bit.

I don't see a tune or tuner in your mods, even a canned or mail order premium fuel tune will produce noticeable gains over the OEM tune.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
same track and it was actually cooler this time then when i ran last time and last time i also used the exact same slicks aswell and i pulled my headlight out this time an launched at 2k bcuz thats as high my car would let me go but i was consistent on 14.5s all night before the combo and intake it was all over like 14.7s and 14.5s and i guess i got lucky with the 14.3 but my trap speeds are way higher then before

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
what size tb did you use.i think u will gain low end with a 70 and top end with a 75,not 100% forsure but i think so

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Then it was your driving, how did your 60 foots compare.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was pulling 2.1 60fts all night and same as last time i dont think my car has ever did a 2.0flat lol and its the 70mm tb from trickflow

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when i first put the combo on i felt more top end but i think my low end got slower so i think i broke even at the track. my 60fts got slower but my trap speed is higher

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
i gained top end with my x pipe yet my sixty foot was still as good or better when i got new tires...i didn't lose any low end at the track cause with me launching at 4.5K it was never low enough to see any loss! maybe you should try launching higher than 2grand. i mean you are on slicks. you should be cutting 1.7's

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my car is auto thats as high as the stock stall will let me go

1 - 13 of 13 Posts