Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone asks how much power the GT engine can handle but when is it necessary to start upgrading the driveshaft, axles, diff, ect. I know this would also directly relate to the grip your gettin at the wheels, so at what size and compound (DR, slick) do issues come up?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
On street tires, probably 400-ish

·
Registered
922 Posts
with stickie tires you can anihilate the stock axles with a basically stock car.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
What would it take to be safe with stock power or a little over and a set of MTs?

·
Registered
852 Posts
How much is it to replace the axles and driveshaft?

This is what I was looking at upgrading eventually, along with the Ford racing driveshaft.

Moser 31 Spline Mustang Axles for 8.8in Rear w/ Studs (99-04 GT, Bullitt, & Mach 1)

Saw these from American Muscle.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
How much is it to replace the axles and driveshaft?
I suppose it depends on if you are proactive or reactive and where you are when it breaks. Have you ever driven through South Dakota, Wyoming, maybe Nevada. Break an axle out there and you have a very long walk. I burnt out a rear axle bearing once in nowhere Arizona. Sorry.... my car is a daily driver. I think that way.

·
Registered
852 Posts
ok would replacing all of that effect anything like the diff.?

Im looking at upping the rear sometime soon. I had everything all redone, like the seals and lubing and such. it cost like 300 i think which to me isnt much since most of the money was in supplies.

but I figure it would be good to upgrade the rear to put up with abuse. If I decide to go to the track.

My stang is only my typical weekend driver, since my other car is to save gas. lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts