Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay what would cause the car to have me ahve to sometimes try 2-3 times to start the car and sometimes when i turn the key i can hear it trying to crank but then sometimes on the second or third time it cranks??? what could this beee

·
Registered
349 Posts
Not enough Horse Power...

:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
let see if i get this right,is ur car cranking all the time or just sometimes,if its clicking then its the battery if its just cranking on the 2 and 3rd try then ur starter maybe bad,
if i read ur post right it was kinda confusing

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay these are the weird power things the car is doing... the car has shut off on me douing 70 mph what could cause this ??? the ar sometimes takes 3 times to start? could be starter. when i use the window switches i can see all interior lights plus head lights get slightly dim? can any of thses kill HP

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
If somebody took out the pprv valve it can cause harder starts. Not sure what would cause it to shut off at 70mph. Pretty weird. I have heard of shutoff on decel when the headlight is removed and the air filter is right behind it.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
mine has done this before.. ckeck the battery cable(red one) and see if it is tight on the fuse box(underhood)..
thats what mine was....
matter fact check all you cables.. grounds and ect..

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
My guess would be that the lights dimming indicates a bad battery. Go to Autozone or Advanced Auto and get it tested for free. For the starting problem, if the car clicks once or twice before it actually cranks that is probably a starter problem. (I just had mine changed for that exact reason.) But, I would have the battery tested before I changed the starter. It might just be low voltage to the starter from a bad battery.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
+1 taking it to Advance Auto. They'll test your battery, alternator, and starter. Also, check the ground wire going into the fuse box under the hood- mine was all corroded and that caused my car to shut off while driving, lights to dim, hard starting, etc. It's a wire that goes into the side of the fuse box, facing the engine. I removed it, cleaned it, and haven't had the problem since.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
pprv thing trick tuners mentioned is something I have to deal with. Do you just hop in your car and try to start it right away? I have to give it a quick pause or it wont turn over right away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts