Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i just recently got my car tuned. Its a 07 Mustang Gt and it has a p-1sc-1 procharger running 6lb of boost, and it came out 472 hp and 411 tq to the wheels on the dyno. i still have the stock clutch in and i can feel it starting to give, i plan on replacing it but not sure which way to go. i went online and read reviews and it seems eveywhere i do i get reviews from people that love the brand im looking at then go to another site and i get reviews of people bashing them. i plan on making about 550 hp range soon and just want a clutch that will hold up and still drive smooth. i looked at spec, ram, cf, any insight is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Alot of guys here like the mcloud clutch. I have ran the centerforce dual friction and did't like it personaly, it was great it you were going balls to the wall through the gears but it left alot to be desired for normal driving.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes ive heard alot of people talk highly about mcloud but its just out of my price range at the moment

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i have the spec 3+ and although i've not heard of this one failing on anyone at higher hp levels it's not a smoothing clutch either. many people have issues with virtually all the other spec clutches. i'll be going with a mcleod next time even if i have to save for a while for it.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I love my Spec stage 3+...As stated above it is not the smoothest clutch...its a street/strip clutch. It was a bitch to get used to daily driving (anyone that ever tries to drive my car stalls it out), but for high hp applications its great, as it holds power very well

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have the spec stage 2+ in mine...and no complaints. The breakin period was interesting as I was used to the stock clutch, and this one is much more "grabby" than stock...meaning there were several red lights that I bucked away from, or spun the tires. :)

Now that it's broken in, it's nice. Keep in mind I did the aluminum flywheel at the same time....so it took a bit of getting used to. I'll buy another one when this one goes....I'm 430 hp at the tire right now, and it has no problem holding the power.

Good luck in your decision!

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
yeah i can no longer idle the car in traffic, it will just buck horribly. i have to work the clutch all the time. worst was when i was going from texas to OK and got stuck for a couple hours because of a wreck. traffic wouldn't stop, but it wouldn't go either

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
yeah i can no longer idle the car in traffic, it will just buck horribly. i have to work the clutch all the time. worst was when i was going from texas to OK and got stuck for a couple hours because of a wreck. traffic wouldn't stop, but it wouldn't go either
Mines the same way Bob...even after break in the 3+ is still super grabby. Once you adapt to it though its fine. +100 on having to work the clutch ALL the time. Every now and then If I get lazy it will start bucking on me...thats usually when Im hungover!!!

·
The Mustang Shop
445 Posts
Hi i just recently got my car tuned. Its a 07 Mustang Gt and it has a p-1sc-1 procharger running 6lb of boost, and it came out 472 hp and 411 tq to the wheels on the dyno. i still have the stock clutch in and i can feel it starting to give, i plan on replacing it but not sure which way to go. i went online and read reviews and it seems eveywhere i do i get reviews from people that love the brand im looking at then go to another site and i get reviews of people bashing them. i plan on making about 550 hp range soon and just want a clutch that will hold up and still drive smooth. i looked at spec, ram, cf, any insight is greatly appreciated.
When I put the D1 on my car a year ago, I smoked the stock clutch at 550whp. At that time, I installed the Ram Powergrip HD in it. It has about 200 drag passes on it and it never slipped or chattered.

When I put the forged engine in my car in January, I wanted to install a McCleod RXT. Nobody had one in stock, and it was going to take 3+ weeks to get one. So I put the Ram back in it. To my surprise, it is holding up to over 740whp. Not for long I'm sure. However, I now have a little chatter. I believe it's due to having a aluminum flywheel now. FWIW, I just went 9.98 @ 139 with the ram single disc.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I love my Spec stage 3+...As stated above it is not the smoothest clutch...its a street/strip clutch. It was a bitch to get used to daily driving (anyone that ever tries to drive my car stalls it out), but for high hp applications its great, as it holds power very well
Can i try to drive it? LOL. I wont stall it. Ive got a Spec stage 3(which is stiffer than the 3+) and i use it for a DD as well. But i really just wanna drive your nasty lookin snake. :yes

·
Registered
403 Posts
BTW specs makes a pretty good clutch, But alot of people dont like their TOBs. Personally ive never had a problem with mine. It works great for me.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Can i try to drive it? LOL. I wont stall it. Ive got a Spec stage 3(which is stiffer than the 3+) and i use it for a DD as well. But i really just wanna drive your nasty lookin snake. :yes
lol...as long as I get to drive yours too! Bring it on:D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hell yea! Of course mine will feel like poop compared to your power. UNLESS i get a built shortblock and PAP my heads and some nosty cams before i move to atlanta.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts