Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ran the car a few weeks ago not happy with the time but my girlfriend took some pics and I noticed in one them I was about to pull a tire off the ground. Is there anything I could to make it pull them off the ground? A guy at my work said to take the front sway bar off and it would? I ran 8.56 in an 1/8 babying the car 4k launch and 2.0 60 ft. I didn't dumped the clutch I just eased out. also had mt et streets.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

or to me it looks like its going too lol

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
that pic is nowhere near good enough to tell if it's about to pull a wheel or not.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was right as i took off they all said it came up a little more. but i just wanna know if taking the front sway bar would work or would i need a lot more work to accomplish this. and sorry the pic quality sucks i had to blow this up alot.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Good set of tires.... Like slicks, but maybe not if your still irs.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good set of tires.... Like slicks, but maybe not if your still irs.
i run mickey thompson et streets when i go but i dont dump the clutch. i ease out that why i had a 2 sec 60 ft

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
It's just weight transfer. Do suspension work and lose the sway bar and it will almost always look like you are about to lift the front off.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what kind of suspension work? i still have stock irs.. i want as posi sra tho

·
Registered
523 Posts
I think a sra swap will help greatly.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
anybody want to trade? haha i have no need for irs. i dont like road races just drag racing. so i'm looking for an posi sra direct bolt up with 3.73 is possible lol

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Um not to rain on your parade but you need a hell of alot better 60' to pull the fronts off the ground trust me I know. The first time I pulled the front tires in my TA I cut a 1.65 60'. Now I pull them almost every time I launch but it cuts a consistent 1.59 60'. Yes take your front sway bar off,get a tubular k-member/a-arms,sra with a big rear sway bar,find some skinnies for the front and some 15" rims for the back with a 275 dr or slicks and drop the hammer from about 5500 and you should see day light under the fronts.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well the 60 ft sucked because i didnt wanna dump the clutch at 4k with irs if i had a built sra i would i could see an easy 1.6 1.7 60 ft if i had a good rear end

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Termis are heavy in the front. Good luck on pulling a tire. This is a picture of mine cutting low 1.6s. I still haven't pulled a tire yet.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
1 1/4"

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
yeah its still close let me make sure i have the measurement right.... I know its bigger than an inch.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts