Discussion Starter #1

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Did you rub alcohol on it?

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
well the only time that happens is when there is a chemical reaction between the paint and something else. So, coulda been the promoter. personally. i wouldn't use the promoter second time around. I've never used it and ive always had good results. start small though.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm, most of the write ups i see say to use the adhesion promoter, maybe it was the paint.

Im going to try a different silver on a small area and see what happens

could cold temps have this effect? it wasnt all that warm out when i did this

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
i had the same problem and funny thing it was the same piece lol...but anyways it happend about 3 times and i have never ever had a problem with painting anything. So i deicided to spray very light coats a few times till it covered everything, then gave it a final coat.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
hmm, most of the write ups i see say to use the adhesion promoter, maybe it was the paint.

Im going to try a different silver on a small area and see what happens

could cold temps have this effect? it wasnt all that warm out when i did this
YES! the temperature and humidity can completely **** a an otherwise good paint job... Been there and done that...
Paint on a sunny and dry day if you can. And it wouldn't hurt to warm up the trim pieces with a hairdryer or something of that sort before spraying.
Like stated before though, Id recommend just sanding, then painting (no adhesion promoter), then clearing

·
Registered
842 Posts
thats not from the primer! i use that stuff all the time. insted of useing alchohol use ''prep-all'' wax and grease remover. i'd say their was something still on the part that it reacted with. even the oils from your hands would do that.

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
^ basic plan of attack for painting anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts