Modded Mustang Forums banner

541 - 560 of 17706 Posts

·
Banned
1,942 Posts
UGH you make me sick, its been 10 days since i washed my car, its freakin filthy, i just work so damn much and i did a detail on a 2012 Mustang on my last off day lol. Tuesday for sure, my mach is getting some needed attention.

I wanna polish my wheels and see if hardbody will bond with them, that would be sick and keep them pretty for the winter.
my was terrible too. hadnt washed for a week and got rained on a few times! :(

and i finished up my bullitts yesterday with bfwd and they are ready to go on now! i dont have to rock the chrome cobras for winter!! ;)

also car need some front suspension work though and also front bumper is starting to crack where license plate holes were filled so it is going back to body shop within the next month or two!! i wasnt happy about that but body shop is doing free of charge of course

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
So tomorrow I will finally be able to get to start my detail on my new ride. I'm going through my supplies and realize I am out of clay bar, plenty of lube but no clay bar. :facepalm Unfortunately I'm going to have to run to walmart tomorrow or an auto parts store and pick something up. I cant wait for an order online. Anyone have a suggestion on a decent OTC clay bar.

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts

more info dude! what did you do, how did you do it, and with what?
Washed the car using the Foam gun from autogeek that SON1C recommended. When I bought that he also suggest that I get the Canauba Wax that was BOGO.

So I washed the car with the foam gun, and dried it with our leaf blower (blew it for 20 minutes to get all the crap out of it.) Then I used Meguiars Clay Bar combo pack thingy, clay + detailer in it to clay bar the entire car. By hand (yes, I know SON1C, machine or don't bother lol), I polished the car using small circular motions using Meguiars Ultimate Polish. Did 3 sets of 6 passes by hand. Then followed it up with Some Canauba Wax.

I like this picture of the pony.

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
Washed the car using the Foam gun from autogeek that SON1C recommended. When I bought that he also suggest that I get the Canauba Wax that was BOGO.

So I washed the car with the foam gun, and dried it with our leaf blower (blew it for 20 minutes to get all the crap out of it.) Then I used Meguiars Clay Bar combo pack thingy, clay + detailer in it to clay bar the entire car. By hand (yes, I know SON1C, machine or don't bother lol), I polished the car using small circular motions using Meguiars Ultimate Polish. Did 3 sets of 6 passes by hand. Then followed it up with Some Canauba Wax.

I like this picture of the pony.
Hey got a couple of questions. I have a foam gun also, what was your ratio and how thick was your foam. Also what pressure washer do you have?

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts
Hey got a couple of questions. I have a foam gun also, what was your ratio and how thick was your foam. Also what pressure washer do you have?
The ratio I set was the highest foam to water possible.
My gun is a hose gun so the amount of foam isn't quite that of a power washer, so I need to crank it up a notch, I go through soap faster but in the end the car still ends up pretty clean.

... I need to find a method of keeping water from getting stuck under the scoop and then running out while driving...

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
The ratio I set was the highest foam to water possible.
My gun is a hose gun so the amount of foam isn't quite that of a power washer, so I need to crank it up a notch, I go through soap faster but in the end the car still ends up pretty clean.

... I need to find a method of keeping water from getting stuck under the scoop and then running out while driving...
ok gotchya thanks man :)

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Ill ask again... Do you guys dilute everything? i have dp's tire cleaner and was wondering if i need to do so.

·
RIP Dennis
76,414 Posts

·
RIP Dennis
76,414 Posts

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #557
So tomorrow I will finally be able to get to start my detail on my new ride. I'm going through my supplies and realize I am out of clay bar, plenty of lube but no clay bar. :facepalm Unfortunately I'm going to have to run to walmart tomorrow or an auto parts store and pick something up. I cant wait for an order online. Anyone have a suggestion on a decent OTC clay bar.
You're not out of luck pickup a mothers clay bar kit, personally that's my favorite clay :yes

·
RIP Dennis
76,414 Posts
You're not out of luck pickup a mothers clay bar kit, personally that's my favorite clay :yes
X2

Its all clay magic anyways :)

541 - 560 of 17706 Posts