Modded Mustang Forums banner

10101 - 10120 of 17706 Posts

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
The right driver is gonna have to be you ;). It's gonna be your car. No reason in talking about "with a good driver", you gotta be that driver lol! There's no reason in talking about equal traction/driver. . . That's just comparing cars, anyone can buy a car with numbers and post em, gotta drive it to prove the it will do it! It'll be fun man, i'm excited for ya.

The strip is a great place to learn how to deal with your car in a straight line. Probably the safest place to test. Don't have to launch hard to learn the pull and control of the car and it's legal. That's a win/win.

Nice, good luck with the sale.

Pulls are for ladies ;) Crank that sucker up to 4500 rpms and let it go! Oh, and hold on lol.
Ive never driven a 600hp cobra, so i couldnt tell you what I would run. But i can give a pretty accurate estimate of what the car is capable of based on other similar setups, thats why i said "driver/tire being equal". SY has alot more track experience than i do, so you cant compare the 2 cars based on driver when i havent even driven mine yet lol.

Im fairly confident that with the right tires and track conditions, after some practice, i could run the car to its potential. Ill need some practice tho.

The reason i suggested pulls to SY is because i would need to get used to the car more before i felt comfortable dumping the clutch at 5k, lol. A couple friendly pulls are a fun way to see how close the cars are with less depending on traction and such.

If im really gonna be serious about setting a good time, id probably get a set of drag wheels with slicks and skinnies, and i may one day.

Im sure once i get used to the power it has ill want to swap the pully for more boost and retune, possibly go E85, lol. Still some unlockable power in it.

But damn. Baby steps, im about to double my rwhp lol.

Meeting someone tonight or tomorrow to look at the mach 1. Cross ur fingers.

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
I find with ANY polish or compound I use I clean my pad face off after every section. Just like using mf pads I do same with foam and I have very little to no dust with anything I use. I can't wait to try m101. My wife's car needs major correction. It's a mess with kids scratching it leaning on it with book bags and everything. Probably be first car I dial in my technique with the rupes
Interested to see if you like it or not. I never had or tried a flex and I know you didn't like that so I am interested to hear how it compares. If you get some spare cash and you want some pads give the rupes pads a shot. They are amazing IMO. I just bought 6 for the rupes lhr 75. They cut hard. The yellow ones are awesome IME.

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
Ive never driven a 600hp cobra, so i couldnt tell you what I would run. But i can give a pretty accurate estimate of what the car is capable of based on other similar setups, thats why i said "driver/tire being equal". SY has alot more track experience than i do, so you cant compare the 2 cars based on driver when i havent even driven mine yet lol.

Im fairly confident that with the right tires and track conditions, after some practice, i could run the car to its potential. Ill need some practice tho.

The reason i suggested pulls to SY is because i would need to get used to the car more before i felt comfortable dumping the clutch at 5k, lol. A couple friendly pulls are a fun way to see how close the cars are with less depending on traction and such.

If im really gonna be serious about setting a good time, id probably get a set of drag wheels with slicks and skinnies, and i may one day.

Im sure once i get used to the power it has ill want to swap the pully for more boost and retune, possibly go E85, lol. Still some unlockable power in it.

But damn. Baby steps, im about to double my rwhp lol.

Meeting someone tonight or tomorrow to look at the mach 1. Cross ur fingers.
Good Luck brother, Hopefully youll get your car soon.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
yea I am def looking forward to seeing how the rupes compares to the flex. I did not like the flex one bit. thing about the rupes pads is they dont come in a 5.5" so I would just worry it would cause it to bog down some.

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
yea I am def looking forward to seeing how the rupes compares to the flex. I did not like the flex one bit. thing about the rupes pads is they dont come in a 5.5" so I would just worry it would cause it to bog down some.
Do you plan on doing the washer mod? Honestly, it stopped the bogging (from pressure) A LOT. I have the 5" bp and just use 5.5" bns pads most of the time but when I did that challenger he had a ton of rupes pads so we used those and they worked great on that car/paint. They are freakin expensive though. I asked T about getting them and he said last time he asked they wouldn't sell them if he wouldn't sell their machines so we will see.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
yea thats first thing I am doing when I get it.
yea he doesnt wanna sell them because there is no repair facility in the US if a machine goes down. has to be shipped to Italy.

I got my carpet brush for my DA today from detailersdomain

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
yea thats first thing I am doing when I get it.
yea he doesnt wanna sell them because there is no repair facility in the US if a machine goes down. has be shipped to Italy.

I got my carpet brush for my DA today from detailersdomain
I want that carpet brush, Looks awesome.
Made this video due to boredom
:)

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
let me know how Vics red is..that was next on my list. I just traded my Souveran for some Vics Mayhem but still want the Red.
You will like Reload. Just use it sparingly if you use to much it will start to smear. Also hydro2 is great for wheels and engine bay protection for all those nooks and crannies
Once I use it, I will post my thoughts. Like how they offer smaller 3 oz sizes. Looking forward to trying out Hydro2 as well. Think its going to be dedicated for my wheels. Thanks for the tip on Reload.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Good Luck brother, Hopefully youll get your car soon.
Thanks bud. Im meeting someone today, ill keep you guys posted on whats up. If all goes well, ill be driving down to pick up the cobra friday evening.

That plus a little APC+ and you can accomplish some ****.

Ive also heard that if you use a MF cutting pad with cleaner that itll pull stains out of seats and stuff too. Just an interesting thought for places that may be a bit delicate for the brush.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
the brush is pretty soft. its flagged alot on the ends and I dont think it would damage any type of fabric/leather. its not like those super stiff interior brushes that use the hook n loop backing.

·
RIP Dennis
76,414 Posts
Dang that's cheap. My hope was that since I'm going from a ford racing diff to another ford racing diff the shims on my current diff would be correct for the new diff. When changing the 3.55's to 4.10's I used ford racing as well and the shims lined up perfect but that was going back on the same diff so. . .

Do you know if the 140 had the carbon clutch packs or the normals? This one for 219 from that site doesn't come with bearings or shims, I'd be removing them from mine and putting them on this diff since the bearing have about 6k miles on them (from just replacing everything in the rear end for the 4.10 install).
It had the carbon packs

I find with ANY polish or compound I use I clean my pad face off after every section. Just like using mf pads I do same with foam and I have very little to no dust with anything I use. I can't wait to try m101. My wife's car needs major correction. It's a mess with kids scratching it leaning on it with book bags and everything. Probably be first car I dial in my technique with the rupes
Yep same here...I clean after each panel

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
the brush is pretty soft. its flagged alot on the ends and I dont think it would damage any type of fabric/leather. its not like those super stiff interior brushes that use the hook n loop backing.
I dont think it would hurt leather by any means, it does look soft. I was just throwing out a tip. If your seats where basically clean but you wanted to use a cleaner/conditioner type product in 1 step, the MF pad would be more appropriate.

But that brush you got was on my to-get list before i sold my Griots, lol. I have a Bissell now and it works pretty well with APC+.

OH and Ps. The mach is sold. A local guy met with me today. I took him for a drive. He was sold on the whole car. He kept talking about how good it sounded, interior, wheels, ect ect. We are working on the paperwork from Credit union to credit union now. He is approved for financing, but his credit union is out of state so we have to do emailing/scanning/notorizing/overnighting, lol.

itll all be over in like 2-3 days. Ill probably drive down and get the cobra early next week sometime rather than this weekend.

·
RIP Dennis
76,414 Posts
I dont think it would hurt leather by any means, it does look soft. I was just throwing out a tip. If your seats where basically clean but you wanted to use a cleaner/conditioner type product in 1 step, the MF pad would be more appropriate.

But that brush you got was on my to-get list before i sold my Griots, lol. I have a Bissell now and it works pretty well with APC+.
For my seats I use a boar hair kiwi shoe brush which is the same thing you buy from the big name detailing companies but instead only costs $4 at walmart...:)

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
For my seats I use a boar hair kiwi shoe brush which is the same thing you buy from the big name detailing companies but instead only costs $4 at walmart...:)
Hell yea thatll work too.

·
RIP Dennis
76,414 Posts
$4 vs $20+ shipping

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
$4 vs $20+ shipping
For sure a better deal. The brush for a DA i think would come in handy in heavily soiled deeper napped carpets and stuff. But for leather/vinyl i think the proper cleaner is more important than SUPER agitation.

The most important thing is maintenance cleaning, if you never let it get super dirty then all youll ever need is a spritz of cleaner and a little 4 dollar walmart brush.

You know chris, sometimes i forget how much you know about mustangs and **** until we start talking about p/d SCs and ****, then you kind of blow my mind lol.

·
RIP Dennis
76,414 Posts
The DA would rock though for carpets

10101 - 10120 of 17706 Posts