Modded Mustang Forums banner

10141 - 10160 of 17706 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Yeah, that's what everyone said, and what I expected, but I had the hardest time wiping it off. I was inside a garage, air was about 75 degrees, perfect weather. And it was a clean surface so it wasn't like there was anything left on there that was causing it. It was a real pain, and made the process take about twice as long as it should have.

I might give it another shot on my jeep since there isn't much area there, but if it does the same thing I'll be ditching it. Plus, if the cut is the same as 205 there's not much reason to have it around.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
How much product are you using per section? 2-3 pea sized drops on a primed pad are enough for an 18" square. Id do 6 slow passes and wipe it off immediately.

See how that works, ive never heard of anyone working a diminishing abrasive too long. It will effect your results but it shouldnt make it harder to wipe off. Not FG400 anyway lol.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Adam's APC.

Congrats on the sale and the new car.

I sold the S4, and picked up the 01 to rebuild...out on the hunt for a new one.

Detailer'sDomain's last detail on my 2010 Audi S4 - YouTube

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

correct Adam's APC.
I figured it was Adams, ur a creature of habit Phil.

Thanks btw, and congrats On The new Audi.

Congrats man, I can say that I am officially jealous of your new cobra. And I havent even seen it yet :facepalm:
Lol thanks man, im pretty stoked. Itll be the fastest thing ive ever driven OR riden in. Cant wait to feel the pull of this thing.

And there will be a very VERY long detail/correction thread. Lol

Im unsure, but im considering a vanity tag, lol. Idk how i feel about it. I feel like ur either cool or just a douche, there is no in between lol.

Anyway, im driving down tuesday, ill post pics.

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
^ How are you getting there? Is somebody going with you? do you know this person your buying the vehicle off of?
Do you guys remember this pic?

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
^ How are you getting there? Is somebody going with you? do you know this person your buying the vehicle off of?
Me and the GF are driving down in the corolla, ill drive the cobra back. Im tryin to get a couple more people to go to make it kind of a road trip, lol.

I dont personally know the seller, no. Hes gonna drive to drive my way some.

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
Are those flies ****ing on your car?
:thumb:
Me and the GF are driving down in the corolla, ill drive the cobra back. Im tryin to get a couple more people to go to make it kind of a road trip, lol.

I dont personally know the seller, no. Hes gonna drive to drive my way some.
Be careful, It would be hilarious if it turned out to be like the movie sex drive.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
No worries, i dont go meet people i dont know in other states without packing heat lol.

One one the people coming knows jiu jitsu legit. Between him and my Kimber i feel rather safe. Lol

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Modded I think you were right about using to muh product, I am using much less with the 4500 and it is coming off beautifully.

Time for sealant, wax, and trim dressing. So close to being done!

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
gave the car a bath this morning
Quick video of condition of my paint
Perfect corrected paint on WRX - YouTube
Looks good man.

Xzavier, I thought I was on an old page when I saw that picture, lol. I scrolled back up to the top to see what page number I was on.

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Modded you have you CCW? You going across any state lines or what?

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
Looks good man.

Xzavier, I thought I was on an old page when I saw that picture, lol. I scrolled back up to the top to see what page number I was on.

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Modded you have you CCW? You going across any state lines or what?
:lol it is such a great picture!

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
So I'm getting tired of driving 45 minutes 2 ways to my valet job every day, I saw a detail place that had a 1950's Chevy show car in the garage, I'm gonna go in one if these days and see what's up, it would be awesome to drive ten minutes to work, I'd be able to afford to drive a 4v eventually. We'll see what happens..

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
So I'm getting tired of driving 45 minutes 2 ways to my valet job every day, I saw a detail place that had a 1950's Chevy show car in the garage, I'm gonna go in one if these days and see what's up, it would be awesome to drive ten minutes to work, I'd be able to afford to drive a 4v eventually. We'll see what happens..

With in a few years I'm going to either buy a project 69 fastback or 07 GT500.

10141 - 10160 of 17706 Posts