Modded Mustang Forums banner

10201 - 10220 of 17706 Posts

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Hey guys I need some advice on my dc order.
I'm going to try and one step a dark silver Mazda. Right now I only have FG400 and orange pads, so I was going to order HD polish and green pads but they're out of green. What would be a good substitute? I was thinking white because they're for heavy polishing and blue might not have enough cut?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
White ftw! I like my white pads quite a bit honestly but it depends on how hard the paint is, etc, etc. I don't believe going white is a bad move, I use them quite a bit myself.

Congrats Modded! Exciting stuff man! Hope it all goes well for you! I know what you are saying when letting a car go. . . I had my Jetta for 8 1/2 years and I loved that car to death, sometimes, it's just time to move on.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
White ftw! I like my white pads quite a bit honestly but it depends on how hard the paint is, etc, etc. I don't believe going white is a bad move, I use them quite a bit myself.

Congrats Modded! Exciting stuff man! Hope it all goes well for you! I know what you are saying when letting a car go. . . I had my Jetta for 8 1/2 years and I loved that car to death, sometimes, it's just time to move on.
Its more the history you know? Me and the mach....good times.

But im pretty sure ill move on pretty easy when i feel the pull of the new beast.

Im leaning toward coilovers in the rear since itll be mostly a street car.

AND when i turn 25 next year, ill be able to insure the cobra as a collectors item. Since it isnt daily driven, itll be like 300 bucks a YEAR. Hells yea. Im going to look into similar stuff with my insurance company, but from what ive read, the mach 1 to cobra insurance difference isnt much at all anyway.

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts
What do you mean? lol

Did that person get a crappy cobra or something?

I guess a data log would accomplish the same thing. Another trifle of AWD, fewer dynos lol.
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/280994-well-i-sold-mach1-bought-cobra.html

73 pages laters...
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/280994-well-i-sold-mach1-bought-cobra-73.html#post5451582

for this reason
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/280994-well-i-sold-mach1-bought-cobra-73.html#post5451596

Had it for 10 months so I guess that's a good run :shiftyeyes.

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts

Ok so white it is! Now I'm deciding on a wheel cleaner...im expecting the wheels to be really really bad, so I was thinking sonax would be best instead of the new CG rim cleaner, make sense?

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Ok so white it is! Now I'm deciding on a wheel cleaner...im expecting the wheels to be really really bad, so I was thinking sonax would be best instead of the new CG rim cleaner, make sense?

Either buy 1z wheel cleaner or Duragloss. 1z works faster than sonax and just as well and it cost less. I just used some on this 2005 GT that's here.

Duragloss cleans better than any wheel cleaner I've used. Come to find out it's acidic though, I had no idea until someone told me to read the msds sheet. It still says it's safe for all wheels and I've yet to have a bad experience with it but that's up to you.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

BTW referring to duragloss AWC #281. Duragloss's other wheel cleaners are EXTREMELY acidic, awc is not as much.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Oh snap. Hey **** happens sometimes.

The cobra i am buying has 39k miles. The guy is the 2nd owner and has had the car since like <10k miles. Hes had the car PAID OFF for like 7+ years lol. The reason he is selling it is to pay off some land so he can build a house. The owner has been very straight forward about anything the car needs, like steering rack bushings but they come with the car. This is one of those cobras that was VERY well treated and only driven occasionally, but he didnt let it just sit for months on end, cause that would be no bueno.

It also has like built everything and all the drivetrain upgrades to support the power increase, so im fairly certain that its sturdy machine.

I think Im getting a good one. But im gonna go over it with a fine tooth comb when i get down there. Test drive it around and such. I have a 500 mile drive back so ill get alot of wheel time with the car to make sure it doesnt have any weird noises or smells lol.

Plus im getting a rediculous deal. Thats really the only "iffy" part. He basically sold it to me for just under trade in because if it didnt sell this month he was gonna trade it in anyway because he needs the money. He gave me a deal because he'd rather see the car go to an enthusiast than a dealership- and i can relate to that.

Im going down tomorrow, ill keep you guys posted.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

The CG signature series is great stuff for the price. Its good to have a bottle of an Iron dissolving cleaner around tho too.

If i were you id buy IronX or 1z. IronX is more but it reacts WAY more with the iron on the wheel than any other cleaner ive used. Clean the wheel with Sig series, then follow with a light spray of IronX to get any bonded iron off the wheel after its clean.

Either buy 1z wheel cleaner or Duragloss. 1z works faster than sonax and just as well and it cost less. I just used some on this 2005 GT that's here.

Duragloss cleans better than any wheel cleaner I've used. Come to find out it's acidic though, I had no idea until someone told me to read the msds sheet. It still says it's safe for all wheels and I've yet to have a bad experience with it but that's up to you.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

BTW referring to duragloss AWC #281. Duragloss's other wheel cleaners are EXTREMELY acidic, awc is not as much.
Duragloss wheel cleaner is 821/2 i think.

Id buy CG Sig Series again before Duragloss because of the price. And it works really well too, like really well. CG+woolies man.

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts

Awesome thanks for the info, reps for sure

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Figures just washed wifes car and pouring now..I was prepping it. I washed it and then clayed it with my new Nanoskin sponges with the fine grade.
Nanoskin Autoscrub Speedy Prep Sponge Combo Pack
I will say they are fantastic. I did her car in like 20min vs like 45min with regular clay. I had the CG clay block and that SUCKED I was skeptical about this clay alternatives but this thing was great. but now its pouring oh well..atleast car is prepped and ready for the Rupes to attack it once its done raining

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
^ lol

So here's my DC order I think this should be good for at least one car...
E-Z detail brush
Foam tire applicators
1z colourtec wheel cleaner
HD polish 16oz
White buff n shine pads
Ultima paint guard 22oz
Opti-bond tire gel 16oz
Medium grade clay bar 100g

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
archive huh
Damn phone, MM types slow on mobile. I have the razr HD and its awesome but sucks at the same time.
^ lol

So here's my DC order I think this should be good for at least one car...
E-Z detail brush
Foam tire applicators
1z colourtec wheel cleaner
HD polish 16oz
White buff n shine pads
Ultima paint guard 22oz
Opti-bond tire gel 16oz
Medium grade clay bar 100g

Sounds like a good order.

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
I want to get more but I'm tight on moolah right now, and sorry modded just saw your reply to my question, if I was making a more substantial order I would definitely get those products but for now I just need one bottle of product to get this car done because I use UWW+ on my dipped wheels.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
tried to use my rupes today on wifes hood. I did one section and quit. its about 4000000% humidity right now and fixer and CG V36 both dusted instantly and gummed up to hell and a PITA to remove from all the humidity. So i quit. But that small area i got to use it. It did feel real nice. very smooth hardly any vibration. SOOO Much more comfortable to use then the Flex is.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I never had a problem with fixer. It always removed with ease on my Subaru same with the v36 and I never had dusting issue. It was the humidity that jacked it all up. Both polishes dusted like mad. Clumped. And hard as hell to remove.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I never had a problem with fixer. It always removed with ease on my Subaru same with the v36 and I never had dusting issue. It was the humidity that jacked it all up. Both polishes dusted like mad. Clumped. And hard as hell to remove.
V34 dusts on me.
Might be my fault though as it's the first machine compound I've used, but I get good results on the few things I've used it on.

10201 - 10220 of 17706 Posts