Modded Mustang Forums banner

10921 - 10940 of 17705 Posts

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
I have OCD too fellas haha. I spend hours on my car at a time and i havent even used my DA yet. Getting a DA and all the correct detailing products is really going to further my detailing, and i cant WAIT to get started! Just need T to stock up on a few more items and im going to tear right into it.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
My mach 1 put down 330 at the WHEELS with boltons and a tune. Machs are very under estimated and underrated from the factory. They really make more than 305hp stock and with mods they gain a good amount of power quick.

330 at the wheels....meh, thats around what....365-370 crank hp? Not too shabby for a bolt on and tuned car. In a car that weighs less.

The fact that 3vs dont respond well to N/A mods SUCKS man. The point is...for not much more money at all, or sometimes less you can have a car that comes with more power out of the box than a Bolton n/a 3v is ever capable of without major modifications.

Im not hatin of s197s, lol, just stating my preference thats all.

Id rather have a mach 1 over a new GT, if i ever find one that i can finance ill get it.

I miss my mach 1 every day.

Why are we compairning a Mach to a s197 GT. They are not remotely the same type on vehicle. The Mach was a limited release performance stang. Compare a new edge GT to a s197 GT I'l take the s197 hands down. Compare the Mach to the s197's limited release BOSS. I'm sorry no comparison. BOSS all day long. Just my 2 cents. Don't get me wrong I'll drive anything Mustangand be happy. My first was a 86 Hatch FOX. I loved that car even though it can't compare w/ anything since. But you always have a special place for your first. :naughty:

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
so what my 10gt put down 312hp to wheels and 325lb trq to the wheels with just a JLT intake and a Tune from Bama. Not much of a difference. So i dont know why your making it sound like the Mach1 was a huge performer over the 4.6 s197. Pretty much the same. Plus I would take a 10+ anyday for quality of build and looks. 05-09 did better job with build and interior quality but damn 04 and down just had garbage build interiors that where soooo cheap looking. But if you talk about s197 11-14 still is an s197 and shits and pisses all over the mach even with every bolt on possible on the Mach1

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Why are we compairning a Mach to a s197 GT. They are not remotely the same type on vehicle. The Mach was a limited release performance stang. Compare a new edge GT to a s197 GT I'l take the s197 hands down. Compare the Mach to the s197's limited release BOSS. I'm sorry no comparison. BOSS all day long. Just my 2 cents. Don't get me wrong I'll drive anything Mustangand be happy. My first was a 86 Hatch FOX. I loved that car even though it can't compare w/ anything since. But you always have a special place for your first. :naughty:
Im not hatin man, i think s197s can be done VERY well.

The point i was making is that ford should have packed in a couple more horses from the factory, thats all. I can understand the 05 06, but somewhere down the line they shoulda knocked the power up so that when the 5.0s came out the jump wounldnt have been 100hp lol.

so what my 10gt put down 312hp to wheels and 325lb trq to the wheels with just a JLT intake and a Tune from Bama. Not much of a difference. So i dont know why your making it sound like the Mach1 was a huge performer over the 4.6 s197. Pretty much the same. Plus I would take a 10+ anyday for quality of build and looks. 05-09 did better job with build and interior quality but damn 04 and down just had garbage build interiors that where soooo cheap looking. But if you talk about s197 11-14 still is an s197 and shits and pisses all over the mach even with every bolt on possible on the Mach1
I never said it was a HUGE difference man. Just the same or slightly more power in a lighter weight package. And its TEN years old and still holds its own compared to any other naturally aspirated mustang, except for the new 5.0s. My point is that from 2003 to 2010....they didnt make leaps and bounds in the power area.

Regarding interiors, the new ones are nicer, ill give you that, but i do really like the mach 1/cobra interiors.

Im not saying that 1st gen 3v's suck, lol they are really nice, they are great cars, im just stating that for just a little more money, you can get something much faster out of the box with a 5.0, thats all. The price difference between a 2010 and a 2011 isnt much. Buy a 2011 and do intake exhaust and a tune and make over 400whp as easy as a mach 1 or s197 makes a little over 300.

The comparison is really aimed more at the new coyote 4vs since they are in the same price range as the later year 3v's.

The only reason i compared the mach 1 4v to the new 3vs is because the mach 1s are older and cheaper and make more power thats all lol. I wasnt speaking on body style, interior ect....just the fast factor. Something 10 years older still being faster mod for mod.

Like i said before, im not against 05-09 s197s, i just think ford could have done more from the factory.

Ive been looking at 3v's because they are very affordable, like a low miles 2008/9 run in the 17-20k range...but if i leave out the leather i can get a 2011 5.0 for like 22k....so its like......leather seats or 100 more hp lol. Problem is....i REALLY like leather and i could easily afford something like an 08 pretty easy. lol

THAT is what my point was. lol

Oh and vader...i wouldnt say that new 5.0s **** all over mach 1s, ive played with them before on the street and the difference isnt as bad as you think. They ARE faster but not 10k dollars faster lol. Again...a mach 1 is 10 years old, it should be slower. Thats the point. A 2010 GT is slower and its only 1 year older than the first 5.0, THAT is what i am saying. I know the interior and all that is better quality ect ect. Like i said earlier, Ford should have given the 3v's a bit more power from the factory- thats my whole point. The only reason i mentioned mach 1s in the first place is because it proves that in 7 years ford didnt make any naturally aspirated leaps in making power- thats my whole point.

Ford makes it a habit of improving each year just enough to make anyone with a 1 year old mustang hate that they didnt wait lol.

Like the 2013s have optional recaro seats and a better gauge cluster with track apps and **** and better tail lights. lol All those improvements are awesome but didnt come on 2012 GTs.

Please dont misunderstand me. Im not implying that Mach 1s are high and mighty over 3v's, I just think 3v's should have come with more hp from the factory, i dont think that would have been too much to ask from ford lol.

Personally, i really like the new body style, so im trying to hold out til the 15s come out and see how the price on the 12/13s is effected.

There is a really clean 2008 Bullitt for sale here on MM that id love to check out. Its in freakin NJ tho lol.

·
RIP Dennis
76,390 Posts
Just to clear some stuff up the S197's were stock for stock faster then the Mach1...The 4v did respond to mods great but so does the S197's...Mod for mod the S197 will be quicker then the mach 1...

The difference of the interiors comes down to seat covers and gauge cluster (they did sell a dress up kit as an option on machs)...

Now back to detailing...

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
washed the WRX today and when i was doing final rinse flooding I wasnt paying attention and hit the hose end on paint :( put a little scratch in it. I gave it a little wet sanding and its pretty hard to see now but sucked I did it.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
washed the WRX today and when i was doing final rinse flooding I wasnt paying attention and hit the hose end on paint :( put a little scratch in it. I gave it a little wet sanding and its pretty hard to see now but sucked I did it.
This is the exact reason I cringe when I see power sprayers without nozzle guards on youtube videos. Accidents can happen even if you are careful

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Hey Chris, I saw you picked up a greenworks power sprayer, are you using that with a foam cannon? If so, what style of attachment does the greenworks use? I cant seem to find the info on Lowes website.

·
RIP Dennis
76,390 Posts
This is the exact reason I cringe when I see power sprayers without nozzle guards on youtube videos. Accidents can happen even if you are careful

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Hey Chris, I saw you picked up a greenworks power sprayer, are you using that with a foam cannon? If so, what style of attachment does the greenworks use? I cant seem to find the info on Lowes website.
Thats the nice thing about greenworks...It doesnt need an attachment as it uses the industry standard attaching methods...

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Gave her a bath today and installed the new grill. She is looking sexy. In my opinion anyways. Think I'm done w/ the exterior mods. Now back to some more go fast parts. And maybe I can beat a Mach1 someday. ;)

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Just to clear some stuff up the S197's were stock for stock faster then the Mach1...The 4v did respond to mods great but so does the S197's...Mod for mod the S197 will be quicker then the mach 1...

The difference of the interiors comes down to seat covers and gauge cluster (they did sell a dress up kit as an option on machs)...

Now back to detailing...
Just to clarify, im not against 3vs l. Just making a point that i think they should have been faster from the factory thats all. Or at least progressed in power over the last couple years, lol. The original conversation was me just teasing crackpot a little cause he poked at my focus lol, nothing serious.

But like you ssid back to detailing.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Just messing w/ ya Modded. All in good fun. Now just don't go hate'n on any more S197's. :spank: Ditch the 4bangers and get into a real car MEOW. There is a nice black '13 for sale up in my area. I would do it but I really don't need a divorce in my near future. Drive by it everyday and its filthy. It needs some serious detailing love.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Looks awesome man. Im dying for a bullitt grille but their outrageous ill probably get the roush 9bar
Thanks! the Roush is outrageous. Was thinking about the fogs behind the grille for awhile but went w/ the one from AM. Sealed it w/ Hydro2 before I installed it. Loving that stuff!!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Detail engine compartment. Wash and wax on outside. Clean inside and condition leather. polish wheels.

10921 - 10940 of 17705 Posts