Modded Mustang Forums banner

16721 - 16740 of 17705 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I always wash after i do a compound to get any dust out of any seams or cracks. I dont worry about IPA after that because the soap will have cleaned the paint.
Nothing can be said to convince me that the Flex is worth anything over a GG machine. I obviously have little experience with that owning both at same time and realizing that the flex offered no time saving and a GG with a MF pad actually worked faster then the flex to get same results.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
I always wash after i do a compound to get any dust out of any seams or cracks. I dont worry about IPA after that because the soap will have cleaned the paint.
Nothing can be said to convince me that the Flex is worth anything over a GG machine. I obviously have little experience with that owning both at same time and realizing that the flex offered no time saving and a GG with a MF pad actually worked faster then the flex to get same results.
We've discussed this. You used the Flex 3401 with MICROFIBER cutting pads, yes- it wont work as well as a GG because MF cutting pads are designed to be used with slow rotation/high oscillation machines.

WOOL- on the other hand, is designed to work with forced rotation, high speed machines...

Have you ever used a Flex 3401 with wool?

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
You can always do more passes on an area. Flex+wool does cut like a monster, but you also have other options to try as well, like a more aggressive compound or Xtra cut MF cutting pads. You can always try more speed or pressure and see if that helps. There are plenty of ways to boost the cut of your current setup.

Id try re-fluffing/brushing the pad midway through your buffing cycle, i bet that helps exacerbate the amount of cut you are getting through the section pass.

Also be sure you are properly priming your MF pads, itll seem like you are using alot-but it takes alot to prime every fiber.

Pass for pass, MF on GG wont touch what Flex+wool will.

Thats just based on my experience working with GG/MF and Flex/wool on many kinds of paint.

+1. Plenty of cut to be had from a GG with MF, FG400 is a great compound but there is always M101, which is a monster, plus other techniques that can help boost cut.

I bet a GG with xtra-cut pads+M101 would satisfy most of the defects on that car.
I don't like the xtra cut microfiber pads. They don't really fit the backing plate correctly and they just feel strange. I like the buff n shine mf better. I still haven't tried the regular meguiars mf but I'm sure it's even better than the bns ones I have. From what I've read at least.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Yeah, I am going to start again in the morning and do an ipa wipedown then powerlock. Then clean the wheels with sime chrome cleaner stuff I have and dress the tires should be done in an hour or so. It is a convertible so it saved on time!

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts

First xone is done and in the books! He couldnt be more happy with how it turned out!!
Looks great dude, how long did it take you total?

Oh, and good news, just booked a 2012 Grabber blue 5.0 for full correction, should be sometime next week.

·
Broke as F*ck!!
2,725 Posts
Looks great!!

Can't wait to see the Grabber Blue 5.0

I FINALLY killed the PL on my car today. That **** is ****ing resilient. Been on there for 6+ months and it still took forever to get rid of. Sooo the next chance I get I'll be doing a QD wipe then IPA and finally SPNS

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Looks great!!

Can't wait to see the Grabber Blue 5.0

I FINALLY killed the PL on my car today. That **** is ****ing resilient. Been on there for 6+ months and it still took forever to get rid of. Sooo the next chance I get I'll be doing a QD wipe then IPA and finally SPNS
The grabber blue also has some crazy black painted accents, so itll be a fun job.

Took 14 hours total, didnt do the interior. Just paint correction, saved some time being a convertible. Thanks guys!
I didnt think about it being a vert. 14 hours aint bad man.

Speaking about PL durability BSD is killing it also. It has been about 4 months. Only one panel fail already but that is from my fault.
BSD is awesome. It was still beading on my focus after 4 months, id say 3-4 months is about the range tho, id top it off every 6-8 weeks to keep things fresh.

In fact, my 5.0 has been wearing a combo of BSD, Celeste and C2v3 since i bought it.

Soon, i will correct the beast.

So, is there somewhere in this forum where I can find acronyms? Because I'm lost reading these posts lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
lol.

You just need to hang around a bit more, youll catch on.

·
July '14 ROTM Winner
1,544 Posts
About to go wash, do a small correction on my driver side rear 1/4 panel, and then seal it.
Will update with pics when I'm done.

·
2014 GT 5.0 (Stock)
23 Posts
The grabber blue also has some crazy black painted accents, so itll be a fun job.

I didnt think about it being a vert. 14 hours aint bad man.

BSD is awesome. It was still beading on my focus after 4 months, id say 3-4 months is about the range tho, id top it off every 6-8 weeks to keep things fresh.

In fact, my 5.0 has been wearing a combo of BSD, Celeste and C2v3 since i bought it.

Soon, i will correct the beast.

lol.

You just need to hang around a bit more, youll catch on.
Lol ok. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
July '14 ROTM Winner
1,544 Posts
The sun had come out, and part of my car was hanging out into the sun, and I didn't wanna wash the car partially in the garage, not to mention no room, so I just decided to do a full detail on the interior, pics coming soon.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

So here's what I started with.

To most of you might not look like much.. but to me it's ****ing hideous, lol.
More dirty pics:

And then..
Product list.

I won some Meguires quick interior detailer at a car show awhile back.. so I decided to try it out, I've pretty much moved away from OTC products thanks to both this thread and this section of the forum, but when I did use them, Megs was always my favorite.
Anyways, to be frank, I didn't like it at all, I probably won't use it on my type of interior again.
It didn't spread very easily at all, like my HD touch does.
and if I tried to spread to fast, it'd goop up so to speak and leave a white-ish residue.
I did finish the entire car with it though, and it did clean the interior fairly well.
I've used Megs interior protectant, the stuff that's got a light blue tint to it and smells like coconuts. Well this stuff just smells like highly dilluted vinegar. lol.
anyways, wouldn't recommend it, just pick up some all purpose cleaner or HD touch.
Now on to the clean pics, these are all post dressing.

Then, I cleaned the seats up with some HD Protect, fantastic leather protectant, you really can't go wrong with any of the 3D products!

Seats are nice and supple, not nearly as stiff or rough feeling as they were.

Carpets vacuumed.

And last but not least, VRP!!!
This is the ****, seriously. The BEST, most durable and versatile dressing I've ever experienced.
Chemicals guys did a smashing job with this stuff.
You can seriously use it on anything and it will LAST.
Tires, Exterior trim, interior trim, you name it, it'll make it look nice and rich, and will in most cases last until you actually take it off purposefully.

Le done. :)

16721 - 16740 of 17705 Posts