Modded Mustang Forums banner

16761 - 16780 of 17708 Posts

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Doc could be alright, your five years in will most likely transfer over since it is a government job, I made sure my wife had a job lined up andshe moved before me, I helped take a few thing and got some stuff set up, I had 60 days of terminal leave and had a job before 20 was up. Then got two paychecks for a little while, you staying in NC?

·
00blkvert
1,981 Posts
Don't work for DOC cammin' my Grandfather-in-law did that for 25 years.
Way to dangerous of a job and way underpaid.
If your going to do anything just be a police officer.
Can't say its much safer overall, but at least you don't work in a hostile environment all day, plus idk about NC but police officers here in OK make 42k annually just as a RECRUIT.
But I'm actually training to become an independent insurance agent, and the other new peeps in our district are doing quite well for themselves.. So I'm hoping to make something of myself, I've only had 3 years in, but time served is time served.
I only signed for 4 anyways.
I'm just ready to get out and be successful, I do still plan to serve the rest of my 20 in the AF reserves though.
Doc could be alright, your five years in will most likely transfer over since it is a government job, I made sure my wife had a job lined up andshe moved before me, I helped take a few thing and got some stuff set up, I had 60 days of terminal leave and had a job before 20 was up. Then got two paychecks for a little while, you staying in NC?
DOC is literally my last choice for a job but it is a job and the right shifts will allow me to go to school which is a big thing for me. Police in NC vary in pay depending on the department, city, county, and etc. The good thing is I still have some time. I have just over a year before my ETS. I would like to stay in NC my family and my wife's family is here but I will move if I get a job that good paying and is a good decision for my family. I just want to stay on the east cost more then anything.

I've been talking to a few people. A member here has already said he would help me get a job with the company he works for. This company has alot of perks and potential for me to grow as a professional which has be very interested in this company.

Another option is my father in law owns a plumbing company in which I can work for with no questions. He already said I can work for 3 yrs and get my license and I will take the business and it does very very well. I just don't want to rely on family to pay my bills after being on my own for so long.

A job I'm very interested is a lineman for a power company. Solid pay, offers overtime, benefits, etc. Like I said though I have plenty of time I just want to start getting my ducks in a row early so it's a super easy transition if and when it does happen.

Oh and I won't be doing the reserves. I will be done completely. I served my time. The army just isn't for me lol I have nothing against it just wasn't the right choice for me.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
No need to tell me, I got out after five. Hate being micro managed and mass punishment. Also the whole wounded in Afghanistan makes ya not want to go again...lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cleaned up the engine today. Did it last week but didnt have anything to really hit the bad spots. So i picked up some Gunk original and Gunk protection and wow was i impressed.

Now if i can just get that throttle body and altinator shined up a bit. Also the engine bay and under
Hood in better condition

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Thank ya thank ya. :curtsy:
Interior detailing is the one thing I can truly say that I actually enjoy and am quite talented at.
Washing, correcting, sealing/waxing/etc. is all meh to me, and I'm meh at it, lol.

Haha I've had to detail some pretty dirty interiors before, and that's why I'll never let me become like that, it's just such a pain to clean once it gets past a certain point.
Although all my dailys I've ever owned, I completely detail the interior, then I usually never touch it again for the life of my ownership. :p
Thats crazy, i think most people like the outside stuff more lol.

My biggest passion is paint correction, polisher in hand, leveling the baddies. I do enjoy interior work but i enjoy light cleanup and surface protection, i DO NOT enjoy cleaning up after super dirty people who dont care about how messy their car is.

That being said. I have a 2012 5.0 (not mine) in for full correction and interior tomorrow, so ill have to post some pics to show how Modded Does interior work :shiftyeyes There will also be a writeup and lots of other pics.

Atleast somebody likes detailing interiors, I can't stand it but I love my interior when it is perfect. For cleaning the plastics try 1z cockpit it's some awesome stuff and smells amazing. I wish I could buy that scent

When are you headed out to mustang week? I'm headed out early Friday morning for the show and saturday
1z is awesome, ive really come to love 1z deep plastic cleaner, it REALLY makes the plastics matteness really even and factory. Then follow that with some UIG, and OPP or L1 on the seats, oh shootness, good stuff.

Unfortunately my friend who was going to trailer my Stang to MW flaked on me, so I won't be in attendance this year, but next year for sure!
Jay will be there however!

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

I really like my HD protect.
Its got a few different application instructions.
One for a matte, or glossy finish.
There should only be 1 kind of finish on your interior IMO, and thats factory matte tightness.- just my .02 lol.

I bet man. I'm also debating about getting out of the army as long as I can get something lined up prior. It will just be harder for me since I have a combat job that translates to nothing lol. I have already been chatting with people seeing what they can do. I already have a couple people willing to make a call or 2 or give me a hand with working at a company they already are at.
Get out. Do it.

Dont get me wrong, im a patriot, i love America, but i dont trust the Government enough to work for them :lmao (sorry sunny :) )

Im looking for dailies on the interwebs. Got my eyes on a Focus and on a 2002 Zx2 Sport. Gonna be all fords in the driveway again!

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
303 spot remover? Where can I get some? Just spray it and agitate it with a soft brush or what? Then vacuum or water to get rid of the residue?

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Awesome, post some good pics of the grabber stang! I need to buy some interior stuff, what do you guys recommend for carpet stains??
Megs APC or Zep Carpet cleaner is awesome too.

For carpet I like 303 spot removed or MEGs APC. For the APC I try with a 10:1 ratio if that doesn't work then I use 4:1.
303 Cleaner & Spot Remover for Carpet & Upholstery, 32 oz.

I use like a medium brush on carpet a softer one on seats.
Agitate
Vacuum
Redo If needed.
If you hit the carpet with a MF towel after agitating itll help pull the dirt out too.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
boxed up my griots cause it finally started to go bad. it was turning on and off when the wire in the rear moved. I am happy because I have been waiting for it to go bad to send it back to griots and get a 3rd gen as a replacement.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
i am not sure about the handle. I would email them and ask. My guess is they probably would. or just take it off. I never used mine with the handle. it got in the way to much

16761 - 16780 of 17708 Posts