Modded Mustang Forums banner

16781 - 16800 of 17705 Posts

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
We've discussed this. You used the Flex 3401 with MICROFIBER cutting pads, yes- it wont work as well as a GG because MF cutting pads are designed to be used with slow rotation/high oscillation machines.

WOOL- on the other hand, is designed to work with forced rotation, high speed machines...

Have you ever used a Flex 3401 with wool?

boxed up my griots cause it finally started to go bad. it was turning on and off when the wire in the rear moved. I am happy because I have been waiting for it to go bad to send it back to griots and get a 3rd gen as a replacement.
You never answered my question^. Im curious as to what specific experience youve had with Flex3401+wool that caused you to think a GG had comparable performance.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

:)

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I dont use wool for anything. Never will have no use as I will never have a car with defects to need something like that. So lets see the flex might give a tiny bit better cut in that department over the griots. So that still doesnt make it a better machine because OVERALL as an all around machine the griots does a better job when i was using them back to back on a car. Lets see the Flex with the ohhh so great wool. then throw the Meguiars Xtra cut MF pads on a griots and I bet the difference in cut is negligible and the time between getting it down is about the same was well. yet the flex sucks balls with MF pads

·
'Murica
4,545 Posts
I will try and take a picture of this but I have some small water spots and scratches on my rear bumper. They were on the car when I bought it but they really bother me since no matter how much I wash it they are always there.

I believe I've heard of Scatch-X which can help. Whatever I do I need to do by hand since I don't have any power tools. Can you guys suggest some products for me with links, reps to be had for any help. Thanks.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
I dont use wool for anything. Never will have no use as I will never have a car with defects to need something like that. So lets see the flex might give a tiny bit better cut in that department over the griots. So that still doesnt make it a better machine because OVERALL as an all around machine the griots does a better job when i was using them back to back on a car. Lets see the Flex with the ohhh so great wool. then throw the Meguiars Xtra cut MF pads on a griots and I bet the difference in cut is negligible and the time between getting it down is about the same was well. yet the flex sucks balls with MF pads
Thank you for answering my question.

Ive already explained why the Flex 3401 doesnt work to its potential with MF pads (a system not designed to work with forced rotation). And since you have NEVER used wool with the Flex NOR will you "ever have a car with defects to need something like that", we can determine that you would have no idea about the heavy defect removal capabilities of the Flex when used with a pad system DESIGNED for forced rotation ei: WOOL.

PS. Griots cant do any kind of job when its in a box otw back to the manufacturer for replacement, which is a huge reason i bought an industrial grade machine that can take a beating. Im not saying the GG isnt a good machine, it is- for the money. But if you are going to count on a machine to make you money, to operate under extreme conditions hour after hour after hour and still turn on car after car after car....that, IMO (and most) is one of many reasons the Flex 3401 is worth the money.

Thank you for your time.

I will try and take a picture of this but I have some small water spots and scratches on my rear bumper. They were on the car when I bought it but they really bother me since no matter how much I wash it they are always there.

I believe I've heard of Scatch-X which can help. Whatever I do I need to do by hand since I don't have any power tools. Can you guys suggest some products for me with links, reps to be had for any help. Thanks.
ScratchX isnt a bad product, but the best way to remove those defects are going to me with machine polishing (after claying of course). ScratchX may make a small difference, but by hand its not going to yield the best result.

I see you are Located in Charlotte, NC. Cammin'08 is located in NC and has the goodies to do so, you should PM him and see if he'd meet up with you and help you out. Im sure he wouldnt charge you much since your an MMer.

·
00blkvert
1,981 Posts

Are you at mustang week? If so I can bring a few things and we can bang it out real quick.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Thank you for answering my question.

Ive already explained why the Flex 3401 doesnt work to its potential with MF pads (a system not designed to work with forced rotation). And since you have NEVER used wool with the Flex NOR will you "ever have a car with defects to need something like that", we can determine that you would have no idea about the heavy defect removal capabilities of the Flex when used with a pad system DESIGNED for forced rotation ei: WOOL.

PS. Griots cant do any kind of job when its in a box otw back to the manufacturer for replacement, which is a huge reason i bought an industrial grade machine that can take a beating. Im not saying the GG isnt a good machine, it is- for the money. But if you are going to count on a machine to make you money, to operate under extreme conditions hour after hour after hour and still turn on car after car after car....that, IMO (and most) is one of many reasons the Flex 3401 is worth the money.

Thank you for your time.
Please do not even get me started with trying to say something never used. 9 times out of 10 you will start to spout off how good a product is and you never even touched it. You jump on the bandwagon to whatever is hot at the moment and will tell everyone how good it is. yet you have never even used it. Please stop trying to sound like you are out there everyday doing another car after car after car. Your nothing but a blowhard who tries to make them self sound important by posting these long winded useless post that are unnecessary. Stop acting like cause you have a flex you are some master. You just come on here and post your long winded crap to all the new comers to come off as some master and make yourself seem like the most knowledgeable person out there. I am done arguing with a phony who just jumps on bandwagons to tout a product cause others claim its great and never used it. You have done that plenty times with stuff i have used and said was great. Not that long ago you were on here just like Sonic and such figuring out how to do stuff.
Now you make a website and silly stuff and a master cause you might do a car here and there and then try and give people advice on how to charge for services then you post some ridiculous prices that someone who has been doing it for YEARS and YEARS as their main job could charge for high end cars. not some garage junkie with a web page who does very few.

·
Hardcore Devotee
2,178 Posts
Please do not even get me started with trying to say something never used. 9 times out of 10 you will start to spout off how good a product is and you never even touched it. You jump on the bandwagon to whatever is hot at the moment and will tell everyone how good it is. yet you have never even used it. Please stop trying to sound like you are out there everyday doing another car after car after car. Your nothing but a blowhard who tries to make them self sound important by posting these long winded useless post that are unnecessary. Stop acting like cause you have a flex you are some master. You just come on here and post your long winded crap to all the new comers to come off as some master and make yourself seem like the most knowledgeable person out there. I am done arguing with a phony who just jumps on bandwagons to tout a product cause others claim its great and never used it. You have done that plenty times with stuff i have used and said was great. Not that long ago you were on here just like Sonic and such figuring out how to do stuff.
Now you make a website and silly stuff and a master cause you might do a car here and there and then try and give people advice on how to charge for services then you post some ridiculous prices that someone who has been doing it for YEARS and YEARS as their main job could charge for high end cars. not some garage junkie with a web page who does very few.

:popcorn

·
July '14 ROTM Winner
1,544 Posts

Find a harbor freight tools store, buy a $60-80 Chicago electric( I just checked and it was only $67.99 online) 6 in. Variable Speed Dual Action Polisher

Buy that and don't look back, it's not the best thing out there, but hell it gets the job done for under $80.

Then jump on Autoality.com, or DetailersDomain as their a site sponsor, and order up a few pads for the polisher, and maybe some HD Adapt or a similar cut/polish combo, and you'll thank me after. :)
It's a pretty inexpensive solution, and it will always be there when you need it.
I used to hand polish my 02 GT when I was in my teens, and it SUCKED.
I will never go back now after owning a Polisher, albeit the cheapest solution, it still gets the job done and produces fantastic results.

·
00blkvert
1,981 Posts
Find a harbor freight tools store, buy a $60-80 Chicago electric( I just checked and it was only $67.99 online) 6 in. Variable Speed Dual Action Polisher

Buy that and don't look back, it's not the best thing out there, but hell it gets the job done for under $80.

Then jump on Autoality.com, or DetailersDomain as their a site sponsor, and order up a few pads for the polisher, and maybe some HD Adapt or a similar cut/polish combo, and you'll thank me after. :)
It's a pretty inexpensive solution, and it will always be there when you need it.
I will never go back now after owning a Polisher, albeit the cheapest solution, it still gets the job done and produces fantastic results.

This Is a good option if you wanna spend some cash. Get on harbor get thier ads in the mail. The DA will drop down to 45 sometimes with a coupon.

I might be able to hook you with a couple samples of product to. Just cover shipping and the cost of the bottles which are like .99 at walmart.

·
'Murica
4,545 Posts
Are you at mustang week? If so I can bring a few things and we can bang it out real quick.
Naw, have family coming into town. Thanks for the offer, I think I'm going to try to get it out by hand first and I'll hit you up if I need anything else.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Thanks, I'll look into it.

·
July '14 ROTM Winner
1,544 Posts
Naw, have family coming into town. Thanks for the offer, I think I'm going to try to get it out by hand first and I'll hit you up if I need anything else.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

I know it's not the exact answer you were looking for, but it is the best solution in my opinion.
You really can't accomplish what a machine can when it comes to this.
Not to mention it's fairly effortless haha.
Work smarter not harder. ;)
Hope it works out for you brother!

·
there's a tech section?
19,648 Posts

That's what I did and it got out easily 90% if not more of my problems.
The rest I have to work on because I was no idea if it was the machine/pad/product combination or my newbness to it.
But until I can go spend money on a nice polisher it worked great. :yes

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Out of respect for the forum and for the people appointed to moderate it. I have taken my one and only reply to the BB.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/burnout-box/461041-done-arguing-heres-facts.html#post8822393

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Can anyone tell me what a good brush would be for cleaning my cloth seats? I have a tire brush that I've en using on carpets but I think it'll be too aggressive for the seats. they're filthy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
T sells an upholstery brush hook and loop BP for DAs.

But you cant go wrong with a Kiwi Horsehair brush, its soft but not too soft. Will agitate well without harming your cloth, i use it for leather as well.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Oh and detailing wise. Made a "company purchase" today...lol.

1/2" electric Impact from lowes. Gonna make these cat deletes my bitch. And since i CAN use it to break loose lugs for wheel cleanings....company expense :shiftyeyes

Seriously tho...some peoples lugs are stupid tight because auto places crank them down with pneumatic impacts.

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
:lol I love this thread,
For detailing I worked this morning. Love my business. Work in the morning so I don't have to be in the heat. If anybody is interested on cleaning a hot interior fast check out the tornador. Its legit.

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
X, how do you go about drying the parts you used the tornador on? And doesn't that take a lot of product? And good looks modded I think ill pick up that horsehair brush.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Go over it with a MF, and no it uses less product than you were to spray. Its great for hard to reach places and headliners. Such as Benz scuff pads by the seats and door. Its fabric instead of plastic. Great for those nooks and trannies. Moreover the tornador doesn't soak what ever you working on. It uses compress air to do the cleaning. Hence why you need a decent air compressor. 5.4 CFM @90 PSI 30gal is ideal. Especially for work time.

16781 - 16800 of 17705 Posts